Kids activities on Mariner?

The club for the 11 year old will be a bit more "structured"(but not as much as for the younger ages) than for the 14 year old.  They will be in different age groups.  Usually, the older teens use the club to meet others of their age, and they don't really USE the club for activities...more to do stuff with their new friends on their own.  Both are old enough to come and go on their own.

1 hour ago, TheFarmersWife said:

Hello all! While my husband and I have sailed Royal before, this is the first time bringing our kids with...11 and 14. We will be on Mariner in January. What are the activities and how does the kids/teens clubs work? Thanks for your assistance!!

Love your user name, I am also a "Farmers Wife".  He loves the farm, and I love to travel we have a great compromising marriage.  We will be cruising on the Mariner next Monday, and I will get copies of the Daily Kids Activity schedules for you.  I'm hoping to do a Live Blog here on CruiseCritic while I'm on the cruise, it helps me stay patient while I'm waiting for shows to start. I always get to the shows early to get the best seats 😉  We are cruising with my 15 year old daughter who is very hard to entertain.  

4 minutes ago, happychippy said:

Love your user name, I am also a "Farmers Wife".  He loves the farm, and I love to travel we have a great compromising marriage.  We will be cruising on the Mariner next Monday, and I will get copies of the Daily Kids Activity schedules for you.  I'm hoping to do a Live Blog here on CruiseCritic while I'm on the cruise, it helps me stay patient while I'm waiting for shows to start. I always get to the shows early to get the best seats 😉  We are cruising with my 15 year old daughter who is very hard to entertain.  

The daily activity schedule would be wonderful! With this being their first cruise, I'm more concerned about the 14yo being able to come and go as he pleases. I guess it will be up to us to set limits and expectations for him. I know the ship isn't the biggest, but it still has plenty of room for him to 'explore' and forget to check in. Lol!

• 2 months later...
On 2/21/2019 at 8:43 AM, blueridgemama said:

she already sailed😊 January 2019

ah okay! How was the sailing? How was the weather in January? Any tips you can give me about kids programs would be much appreciated. My husband and I have cruised a number of times together, but this will be the first cruise for all of the kids. 

• 2 weeks later...

When our 1st 2 boys (also 3 years apart) were that age, they had tons to do on the Mariner and that was before they added the slides and flowrider to the ship.  They will find plenty of things to stay occupied with and Royal did a great job with having activities for all age groups posted in the adventure ocean area and in the compass'.  The 11 year old will be in a more "regulated/structured" group and the 14 yr old will have a lot more freedom to come & go from lounge-style areas that the older kids used more as a spot to meet up with people. They/we offered our younger son to be with his brother in the older group areas but they actually each did their own thing for most of the day.

The 1st cruise we had to "force" our older son (very shy at the time) to at least try the adventure ocean program for a day and he ended up really liking it to the point he begged us to let him go to all the extra hours there as well. It was really a great thing for them to be able to be individuals, and then for us all to be together. 

After their 1st, cruising is all they ever asked to do for vacations...     

Have a great trip!