Ship Time or Local Time

So here's my latest cruise newbie question - please be gentle if this sounds stupid - 

I have heard/read that the clocks on the ship are set to a different time as to those on land - is this correct?

What I mean is that other cruisers have stated that our watches should be set to 'ship time' & not 'local time' to make sure we are back on board in plenty of time for the sail away time

So how does this work - we are doing an eastern caribbean back to back cruise - we are due to arrive in Antigua @ 08:00 - is this ship time or local Antiguan time?

Will we be told whilst on board the ship as to what time we should be using & if so, how will we be told?

I know it sounds very silly & it's probably very easy to understand but...............

Many thanks in advance

It will be the same when you are in the Eastern Caribbean - 5 hours behind UK

sometimes in the Western Caribbean you don't change clocks to their time and stay on ships time but can't remember where - the answer is to always wear a watch and note ships clocks

You will always be told in the Cruise News delivered to your cabin the night prior to arriving the following day whether clocks are changed from standard Eastern Caribbean time but it's very rare Please don't worry.

Yes be sure to check you've changed the time on your watch to ship's time - but just be sure as you leave the ship,  where they scan your passenger card, to check the board placed there which confirms what the return time is for that day.  They show a time for crew to be back on board and the latest time for passengers too.  It will be in the Cruise News as mentioned before, but it's a useful reminder that you've got it right!   We have been on board where someone was an hour out by their watch and was within an ace of being left behind.