Do you suppose I can get a hot breakfast?

msteries

I always order in-cabin breakfasts when I cruise, and last year on the Silhouette (concierge class) Celebrity really was offering a very poor product!  Coffee came lukewarm in a cardboard cup!!!  And eggs and breakfast potatoes not even lukewarm.  Compare to HAL, where there is a little hotwater warming salver under your food, and the coffee is in a thermal carafe. By day three I finally got a carafe, but only because our funloving table at dinner attracted the head of food management (or maybe just the dining room head?).  I told him I wanted several cups of coffee in a thermos, and he took my name and cabin number.  However, after several days I just gave up on getting a warm breakfast.  Thanks heavens a really good yougurt, fruit, and granola compote was on offer.  Please let things be better on the Edge this winter, where I will be splurging on a suite!  And a decent little table out on the veranda.

• Thanks 1

Sorry to hear that you have had such bad luck with your breakfast arriving cold.    I've sailed on every ship with the exception of Edge and we eat breakfast in our room 100% of the time.   I have never received a meal that wasn't between warm and hot.   On the other had one (and only) ship we had a terrible time getting a properly cooked poached egg.   They always came hard boiled.   Our butler eventually said he would stand over the cook to make sure they were prepared correctly.   

If your breakfast arrives cold I would definitely talk with the server and if necessary have them bring back a correctly prepared meal. 

I was shocked by the paper cup of coffee, and server was gone by the time I had sat down to eat.  Never happened to me before on any other sailing, no matter the cabin class.  Who do you contact to get a different meal, and how long would that take? Just not a relaxing start to the day!!

Otherwise I really enjoyed the Silhouette.

11 hours ago, msteries said:

I was shocked by the paper cup of coffee, and server was gone by the time I had sat down to eat.  Never happened to me before on any other sailing, no matter the cabin class.  Who do you contact to get a different meal, and how long would that take? Just not a relaxing start to the day!!

Otherwise I really enjoyed the Silhouette.

I always travel in suites so I just tell the Butler..

In a standard Suite I would try the Room Service phone number.  If that doesn't work call the Food and Beverage manager.   Another option that would not be immediate but possible for you next day's meal is to fill out the "Attention to Detail Form" and drop it at the front desk.   You will be surprised how quickly you hear back.