Silver Wind Drydock

DCCruiser57

Coming from an island where water is a precious resource, I look on baths as a terrible waste. Love a walk in shower where I can just nip in and out in a very short time.

Shame about the Wind bathrooms, altho' I suspected they hadn't changed as the dry dock wasn't long enough. The above pictures don't seem representative of the usual cabin bathrooms which in my memory are smaller and darker and it's quite difficult to clamber into the tub around the glass screen.

I'll soon see, I'm embarking Jan 14th. Hope I like the new decor, I'm on her again Apr 10th for 20 days, then Jun 22 for 14 days!

Edited by jollyjones

14 hours ago, the_dylaness said:

I suspect I'm in the minority, but I am glad to know we will still have a bathtub in a couple of weeks. I am a big fan of taking baths at home and enjoy continuing the habit when I'm on vacation (and have more free time!)  

We are with you. Thankfully when SS took the tubs out of the Cloud they left a small number of suites with them.

Cant remember the last time I had a bath and only have shower rooms in my home now, but I do think it good there are some left onboard. The one in the photo above looks like a very large sink! The enjoyment from a bath (from my perspective)would be laying flat out submerged in hot water and I cant see it being possible in that.

Les, I can see if they will let me in room 738 when we're on the Wind at the end of March.  BTW, thank you for reminding me about getting to visit other SS ships while in port, I'm going to try to visit the Spirit while we're both in Antigua.  Starting to pack now, gives us something to focus on besides taxes and snow :classic_biggrin:

33 minutes ago, UpstateJan said:

Les, I can see if they will let me in room 738 when we're on the Wind at the end of March.  BTW, thank you for reminding me about getting to visit other SS ships while in port, I'm going to try to visit the Spirit while we're both in Antigua.  Starting to pack now, gives us something to focus on besides taxes and snow :classic_biggrin:

That'll be good if you can.

I'm not 100% sure how it works for ship visits in same ports. I'd suggest contacting guest services to ask if you can. I know there shouldn't be a problem, though local rules might come into play. 

We were able to board Whisper when we were on the Shadow in Saigon. They did have to ring through to Miami (I think) to get clearance and because he had to have shore visas they did say we'd have to pay VN security to get on, but we just showed our papers and waved through. Obviously Whisper were aware we were coming. We couldn't have just walked on for sure.

My eyes lit up when I spotted Whisper just ahead of us sailing up the Saigon River. Completely unexpected. I usually look at "what's in port" but forgot for this trip! Actually.... I've not for April's trip yet either! Good reminder!

Hope you get on. The new Spirit is a lovely ship. 

On 1/5/2019 at 1:07 PM, les37b said:

EDIT:..... OK managed to get a few up...... Just so there is no confusion here, these photos are from September 2018 and NOT after the November refit.

Great pics Les.  I don't remember them, so do appreciate you re-posting.

Does SS sell #738 at the same price as a normal Vista? 

Silver Wind is the only classic ship we haven't been on so it might be nice to take her for a spin before the big ice conversion and subsequent large increase in price that will no doubt occur.

30 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Silver Wind is the only classic ship we haven't been on so it might be nice to take her for a spin before the big ice conversion and subsequent large increase in price that will no doubt occur.

Yes, standard Vista price.

2 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

It tends to get snapped up very early in the booking cycle. We have it in Apr for the TA and Cuba March '20.  Both booked on the first day the relevant cruise hit the market. 

• Like 1

On 1/7/2019 at 11:37 AM, les37b said:

Yes, standard Vista price.

On 1/7/2019 at 1:12 PM, Tothesunset said:

It tends to get snapped up very early in the booking cycle. We have it in Apr for the TA and Cuba March '20.  Both booked on the first day the relevant cruise hit the market. 

Thanks to you both.  Good to know.