First time with Princess EZ Air

Alaskanb

After a November 2019 Mediterranean cruise and family visit in the UK we are considering using EZ Air to fly premium economy or  business class from Manchester UK to El Paso, Texas. I have a few initial questions:

• Some current offerings show flights from MAN to a European airport like AMS,  then onward to a US hub like Houston. Would we go through customs and immigration in the European airport and then again in the US?  Is any European airport less desirable than others? What time should we allow between flights? 
  • Last year a Delta/Virgin Atlantic option was available from MAN to ATL to ELP. Is it possible that offering would become available at some point or are the flight options set as soon as they become available? 

Another idea is to use Singapore Airlines in economy from MAN to Houston then ? onto ELP. 

Thanks. 

Edited by Alaskanb

You shouldn’t need to worry about immigration or customs in Amsterdam since you don’t plan to enter the country/Schengen, but a security check will occur as far as I know.

As far as I know, Virgin does still fly MAN-ATL year round, though only 3x or 4x weekly. If you don’t see it on your date, check the day before or after and it will likely pop up. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Alaskanb said:

Would we go through customs and immigration in the European airport and then again in the US?

15 hours ago, Zach1213 said:

You shouldn’t need to worry about immigration or customs in Amsterdam since you don’t plan to enter the country/Schengen, but a security check will occur as far as I know.

For a MAN-EUR-USA itinerary, some European connecting points will require security re-clearance, but others will not. It depends on the regulations in the connecting country and the physical layout of the airport buildings at the connecting airport.

I think that AMS is an airport where there should be no formal security clearance required. However, for all USA-bound flights there is always the possibility of additional security, typically at or near the gate.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2018 at 9:33 AM, Alaskanb said:

Decided to do EZ Air with "business" class on the Virgin Atlantic / Delta flight as it gives us better seats on the longish Delta flight to El Paso. 

You probably found that sometimes there's such a slight difference thru EZ Air in fares between Econ and Biz/FC that the extra $$ for the front cabin is well worth it, depending on length of the flight.

Edited by PRNole47