Viking Sea June 6, 2019 Roll Call

RetroRod

On 12/18/2018 at 10:44 AM, VJMAZZ said:

I just posted some info on this roll call regarding TJ Travel excursion in St. Petersburg. The info my be helpful if you are stopping in this port.

Many of the Boards on CC have threads regarding tours in SPB. I note the company mentioned is only one of 3 or 4 local companies that provide exceptional tours.

The Viking Boards also have a number of threads on SPB tours, where you will find balanced opinions on all the top companies. Prior to visiting SPB, we checked out the top 4 companies and their 2-day tours were virtually identical, with respect to price and content.

11 hours ago, CILCIANRQTS said:

And why did you feel the need to ALSO post this for EVERYONE on the boards to see?? 🙄🙄

Just trying to be helpful to new members on CC who may not be aware of the Roll Call boards. It took me awhile to “find” Roll Call when I was. new. 

10 hours ago, VJMAZZ said:

Just trying to be helpful to new members on CC who may not be aware of the Roll Call boards. It took me awhile to “find” Roll Call when I was. new. 

Yes, you are trying to be helpful but CC has some rules about tour guide recommendations and one of those rules is that they may only be made in response to a request. In other words, you can't start a thread to recommend a company. It is considered advertising and CC has strict rules about advertising and breaking them may effect not only the poster but the company being named in the post. In your enthusiasm to be helpful, you may actually be doing harm.

Your comments about your tour company are in a roll call but people don't go there looking for recommendations because the roll calls are filled with people who have not sailed yet and therefore don't know if their choice is a good one or not. If you want to talk up the company you used, you should join the conversations in the Port of Call forum and respond to requests for recommendations there.

Northern Europe & Baltic Sea

• Like 1

On 12/20/2018 at 7:32 AM, Peregrina651 said:

Yes, you are trying to be helpful but CC has some rules about tour guide recommendations and one of those rules is that they may only be made in response to a request. In other words, you can't start a thread to recommend a company. It is considered advertising and CC has strict rules about advertising and breaking them may effect not only the poster but the company being named in the post. In your enthusiasm to be helpful, you may actually be doing harm.

Your comments about your tour company are in a roll call but people don't go there looking for recommendations because the roll calls are filled with people who have not sailed yet and therefore don't know if their choice is a good one or not. If you want to talk up the company you used, you should join the conversations in the Port of Call forum and respond to requests for recommendations there.

Northern Europe & Baltic Sea

Just to be clear I never "recommended" a tour company as was stated. I merely said who we were using in SPB. But I realize now it shouldn't have been posted where it was. My bad. I've now read CC Terms Of Use very closely. To think what I posted is "consider advertising" is an interpretation and a real stretch.  Looking for other cruisers to share in an excursion is specifically stated to be done in "ROLL CALL" per the Terms of Use. This is where I'll continue the conversation.