Birthday Cruise May 2019 MS Seaview 1st timer.

NEcruiser7515

We have done a total of 4 cruises all on NCL in the HAVEN. (BREAKAWAY AND ESCAPE all in the Caribbean)

I want to do something different and considering MSC Yacht Club.  I want the May cruise in Barcelona on Seaview, and the only Avail is the inside yacht club room, which I can live with.  

I am nervous booking since I don't know MSC. I've heard mixed reviews but try to take with a grain off salt.  I like the idea of MSC because of the Yacht Club and what it includes.  I know the ship will be totally different than a US cruise.

1.Will the menus etc be in English etc? Or since its a more European ship will we have any difficulties? 

Question about the YC drink package that's included, I see MSC has a multitude of drink packages, can anyone answer if I book a YC room can go to any bar and get any drink I want up to $12? I see the fine print says 

• Unlimited drinks in all MSC Yacht Club venues, including the mini-bar in your suite, and complimentary beverage selection in all onboard bars and restaurants (according to the drink selection available in the different venues)"

So beverage selection, so will I only get a certain beverage in other restaurants on other parts of the ship? 

Any tips I should know before booking? The 8 day cruise inside YC room is in my budget which I like. 

Edited by NEcruiser7515
text

8 minutes ago, NEcruiser7515 said:

We have done a total of 4 cruises all on NCL in the HAVEN. (BREAKAWAY AND ESCAPE all in the Caribbean)

My cruise history is strong with NCL, relatively new to MSC but a total convert,

I want to do something different and considering MSC Yacht Club.  I want the May cruise in Barcelona on Seaview, and the only Avail is the inside yacht club room, which I can live with.

Never completed YC sailing but the press on here suggests it is like nothing else, certainly beating the Haven I think. 

I am nervous booking since I don't know MSC. I've heard mixed reviews but try to take with a grain off salt.  I like the idea of MSC because of the Yacht Club and what it includes.  I know the ship will be totally different than a US cruise.

In some ways but I find many similarities, though less sailing in the Med of course.

1.Will the menus etc be in English etc? Or since its a more European ship will we have any difficulties? 

Yes in English 100%

Question about the YC drink package that's included, I see MSC has a multitude of drink packages, can anyone answer if I book a YC room can go to any bar and get any drink I want up to $12? I see the fine print says 

• Unlimited drinks in all MSC Yacht Club venues, including the mini-bar in your suite, and complimentary beverage selection in all onboard bars and restaurants (according to the drink selection available in the different venues)"
  • It will be the Premium package if you have just booked. The details on that option are plastered everywhere. 

8 minutes ago, NEcruiser7515 said:

So beverage selection, so will I only get a certain beverage in other restaurants on other parts of the ship? 

As above with the Premium package & any limitations.

Any tips I should know before booking? The 8 day cruise inside YC room is in my budget which I like. 

Open mind, enjoy it you will love it in my opinion.

I cannot answer to anything related to the YC, as I have never stayed in it.

But, I am an American who cruised the MSC Seaview from Barcelona. The menus are in multiple languages in the MDR and around the ship, it's actually presented as a little book with each page being in a different language. The shipboard announcements are also in a multitude of languages. It will be a little different from American cruises in multiple ways. The food will be more international and less American-oriented, so expect the Buffalo Chicken Wings to suck (they do) but the pasta and such in the buffet to be higher than that of Carnival or Royal Caribbean's. The music in the clubs will have much more spanish and french pop, as well as house and EDM music, in comparison to American cruise ship nightclubs, because that is what nightclubs in Europe play. Expect the passengers onboard to also speak a multitude of languages.

Overall, I prefer MSC much more than American lines like Carnival and Royal, because I love their modern approach to decor and international clientele. I think you too will enjoy it, just go with an open mind, not expecting anything. 

As a YC veteran I can say that all the good things you have read are true. We sail balcony YC so can't speak to the inside cabin. The service and food and pool area and beverage package is outstanding. In my opinion not matched by any other mass market cruise line.

Dennis