"Any Reason" Princess, cash back

Todd320

Maybe this is common knowledge but for some it may be news.  If you have Princess Platinum insurance and you cancel for any reason you get the refund in future cruise credits with an expiration date.  What I did not know is that if you have an upcoming cruise already paid in full,  then you get the cruise credit for the cancelled cruise refunded to your credit card. Actually you have a choice between refund or leave it on your future cruise credit balance.

It depends partially on the amount of the credit as well as the timing, but  what has essentially happened is the credit for the first cruise is applied to the cost of the second cruise, which now has been overpaid, so that amount is returned to you in cash/credit card refund.  For technical purposes, you have been given a refund on the overpayment on the second cruise, not a refund on the first.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, land lover said:

I have not cancelled a cruise but sometimes use their insurance, I did not know this thanks for posting......did they volunteer this info or did u ask if u could get the credit back on your card?

Not really.  We cancelled a 24 Nov cruise  "any reason" thinking I would have to use it on a future booking.  The credit sat in the cruise credit account for a few days then was automatically applied to our Jan 19th cruise that was paid in full. Not knowing I could get a refund, calls were made and the amount was put back into the future cruise credit account.  It sat there for a week or so and then mysteriously was applied to another of our paid in full crises in Feb. This time I talked to a supervisor and she volunteered the information that it can be refunded to your credit card.

Edited by Todd320

30 minutes ago, cherylandtk said:

It depends partially on the amount of the credit as well as the timing, but  what has essentially happened is the credit for the first cruise is applied to the cost of the second cruise, which now has been overpaid, so that amount is returned to you in cash/credit card refund.  For technical purposes, you have been given a refund on the overpayment on the second cruise, not a refund on the first.

Are u sure you are not a TA.....yes, I know you just know people in high places:classic_biggrin:....memories of South America....and SNA..L:classic_biggrin:ri...this new format of CC sucks....

9 minutes ago, Todd320 said:

Not really.  We cancelled a 24 Nov cruise  "any reason" thinking I would have to use it on a future booking.  The credit sat in the cruise credit account for a few days then was automatically applied to our Jan 19th cruise that was paid in full. Not knowing I could get a refund, calls were made and the amount was put back into the future cruise credit account.  It sat there for a week or so and then mysteriously was applied to another of our paid in full crises in Feb. This time I talked to a supervisor and she volunteered the information that it can be refunded to your credit card.

Thanks for the details...

19 minutes ago, land lover said:

Are u sure you are not a TA.....yes, I know you just know people in high places:classic_biggrin:....memories of South America....and SNA..L:classic_biggrin:ri...this new format of CC sucks....

Hiya Lori..Lordy that cruise seems so long ago now...but such a memory.  And you do know I get most of my knowledge from these boards over the years.  That and personal experience, lol.

2 hours ago, cherylandtk said:

To me this sounds like ring around the rosy.

Why not just either send a check, give FCC or apply credit back to a credit card if used? 

Thanks for sharing this information, hopefully I will not ever have to cancel a cruise 🙂