Social Media Package

Singledadof3

We used it on the paradise in November. I used it for Facebook messenger and also on the ships computers to check in for my flight and print my boarding passes. Worked good, of course not as fast as at home. No problems. Will purchase again on our next cruise.

On 12/21/2018 at 10:21 AM, serene56 said:

dont plan on posting pictures or videos-- its painfully slow to process if it actually gets done.   But messenger works great

I've had the social plan for several cruises (7+?) and was always able to post pictures and videos.  Granted it may be slower than one is used to, but it works fine. 

To tell a new poster with a legit question "don't to plan on using it" is wrong IMHO.

Edited by LostPuppy

1 hour ago, LostPuppy said:

I've had the social plan for several cruises (7+?) and was always able to post pictures and videos.  Granted it may be slower than one is used to, but it works fine. 

To tell a new poster with a legit question "don't to plan on using it" is wrong IMHO.

I tried to upload pictures almost every day for two weeks and it only worked once in the middle of the night. It is not reliable on every ship. I didn't notice any others on the FB group for my sailing posting any pictures either until we were somewhere else that had wifi. I don't know if it is an android vs apple issue or what (I have an android).

1 hour ago, LostPuppy said:

To tell a new cruiser don’t plan on it avoids disappointments.  You have been lucky being able to post pictures or videos. As most people can not.   Or it takes quite a while.    You could post while in port but on the ship it’s very slow 

On 12/21/2018 at 7:01 AM, fyree39 said:

I tried using it on the Splendor to Hawaii. It wouldn't even connect and I got my money back. It's worked for me in the past so it might be the particular sailing made connection difficult.

I also had the social plan on the Splendor to Hawaii.  I had little to no problems connecting and was actually able to send pictures of various meal choices directly to my brother, middle of the ocean to northern California.  I would purchase the Social plan again.

I have always done the middle package, not the social media one but I think it is the value plan. I was able to play words with friends and work on some school assignments. I did toggle back and forth between my phone, laptop and iPad but it was convenient to do so.  I enjoy this plan especially when my son is back at home because we can FaceTime and also chat through what’s app. I also am able to get text messages and emails. It’s not same as at home, but it is fine for being on the ship. I could not get videos to play though. Too slow for that.  The recent ships I was on : Valor, Freedom and Breeze in 2018. 

• 1 year later...