good beaches, Tour Guides ,Southern Carribean

kentrav

Hello,

My wife and I are traveling to southern Caribbean namely Grand Cayman ,Aruba Oranjestad, Curacao Willemstad, and Kralendijk Bonaire in April 2019 we were wondering if there are and beaches near by we can go on our own for the day without having to go through the ship, also any recommendations on tour guides for those Islands mentioned, we usually use Island marketing but they don't offer any tours at those destination, so if there happens to be anything that coms to mind info would be appreciated. Or even any hotels that offer  a daily rate  in those Islands we could use for the day .

Thank you

Ken  & Victoria

Hi,

I will be doing the same itinerary the following year (nothing like planning ahead). 

We recently were in Aruba on a Princess cruise, and rather than hitting the beach, we used TrikesAruba for a three-hour tour of the island.  We would have had time to visit the beach afterward but decided to wander the town and have lunch instead.  I understand that Eagle Beach is beautiful and that is where I hope to visit the next time I am there.  So if you are interested in something other than a total beach day, I highly recommend TrikesAruba...so much fun!

Enjoy.

Susan

• Thanks 1

A few suggestions for resorts for the day: 

In Aruba we went to Barcelo Aruba - bought a day pass thru Caribbean Day pass.  It is on Palm beach and very beautiful.  

In Curacao we went to Santa Barbara Resorts thru resorts for a day.  It was a lovely resort, and they also provide transportation.  It is only 15 mins or so from port.

• Thanks 1

We were just in Curacao in November.  Based off of extensive research, we found "Around Curacao" (they easily come up if you google them, on all the major sites).  They are VERY highly rated - usually 5-stars.  They will customize a tour for you and do just about anything you could want.  We chose a 6 hour tour of the island, and it was wonderful!  They can take you to beaches and snorkel sites if that is what you want to do. 

Caution - book ASAP as they are a company of only 2 drivers - Andy and Sharmond.  We had Sharmond, and he was awesome.  He could answer all our questions, and was a wonderful host.  He also took us to the western shore (Sheta Boka National Park and blowhole), followed by a locals restaurant on a bluff overlooking the Caribbean.  His vehicle was a newer Toyota Highlander with air conditioning.  They have a website, and always responded to questions within 12-24 hours.  They give explicit directions for meeting up, along with their photos so you will know them.  Most importantly, Sharmond was exactly on time, and had us back to port in plenty of time.  The day could not have been better.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, kentrav said:

Hello,

My wife and I are traveling to southern Caribbean namely Grand Cayman ,Aruba Oranjestad, Curacao Willemstad, and Kralendijk Bonaire in April 2019 we were wondering if there are and beaches near by we can go on our own for the day without having to go through the ship, also any recommendations on tour guides for those Islands mentioned, we usually use Island marketing but they don't offer any tours at those destination, so if there happens to be anything that coms to mind info would be appreciated. Or even any hotels that offer  a daily rate  in those Islands we could use for the day .

Thank you

Ken  & Victoria

Eagle Beach in Aruba is an easy $5pp taxi (you can also use the local/tourist bus service).  85 Cents last time we were there.  Or take the taxi there and then the bus back.  The beach has a bar, restrooms, shower and...bus stop.  Google Aruba Bus for the details.

Bonaire - Hands down, book with Woodwind as far in advance as you can.  The reviews are not wrong.  If you don't (or won't) snorkel, the Plaza Hotel is within a fairly long walk (about a mile), but you can take a taxi.  But be forewarned, that there are no sugary sand beaches on Bonaire.  The snorkeling/diving is wonderful because of the coral reefs off-shore, which drift to and make up the island's beaches.  Bring water shoes for sure if you plan to visit a beach.

Curacao - We have been to Blue Bay which was fine, but after reading one of Dana Deladane's reviews, my next visit to Curacao will include an excursion with irietours.com  It just seemed like a well rounded island tour.

Best of luck,

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, kentrav said:

Hello,

Thank you

Ken  & Victoria

You should check out the cruise critic ports of call boards where you can find many ideas and plenty of information on all kinds of things to do on each island.

Here is the link to the Caribbean boards

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/456-caribbean/

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, kentrav said:

Hello,

Thank you

Ken  & Victoria

We have done resorts for a day.  We really enjoy the all inclusive model and love the beach.  

• Thanks 1