Any experience using the 5 star thermal spa day pass?

OlsSalt

I ran into a major road block the first time I tired to use my 5 star thermal spa day pass perk and never tried it again - the spa desk said it could only be used on port days. Guest relations later said that was inaccurate, and if there were any problems to contact them. Never followed on that cruise ,and have never pursued it again on any later cruise either.   

So a couple of questions:

1. Has anyone used this 5-star day pass and did they run into any problems with the spa desk accepting it? Is it for one time entry or multiple times during the day

2. According to HAL, all passengers in the same cabin on the same booking will get the full 5 star benefits, which would include the day thermal spa pass, as long as there is one qualifying guest. Anyone use these extended benefits for a fellow passenger who is not a five star passenger?  Do we have to both use this perk at the same time?

I'll check with the spa desk once we embark,  but curious to learn what others have run into. 

(Sister is two star but the booking number is in my name - five star)

Thanks.

Edited by OlsSalt

The Mariner benefits used to say that you had to use the spa and do the cooking class on port days. I just checked and they no longer do. (I have complained many times in the survey that they are just trying to deny the benefit because most people do not want to do these on port days.)  They have also changed the internet benefit to add  $30.00 toward any internet package  which in my personal experience is what they give you on ships with the new packages.   However, I have found that the Spa people do not always know what you are entitled to.  On the Westerdam, they tried to tell me that I had to have a voucher. I went to the front office and the staff phoned the spa to tell them that our ID card was all that was necessary to obtain the benefit. The HAL website under FAQ's also says the following:"Each guest on the same booking will receive the benefits of the highest Mariner on the booking."

• Thanks 1

I book the Greenhouse Thermal Suite and Hydrotherapy Pool for the entire cruise on Embarkation Day.  Usually, booking this at the start of the cruise, the price is discounted.  I remind the staff member that I  am a 5 Star Mariner and have a spa pass for one day.  Even with the discounted price, I receive a one day credit which reduces the price I need to pay.  I have not had problems doing this.  But, I generally have to remind the staff member that this benefit exists.

• Thanks 1