Does cruise connect coach service enforce luggage dimensions?

galeforce9

Does the cruise connect coach company that p&o use enforce the luggage dimensions restrictions?  My standard cases are 8 cm longer than the 70cm restriction.  The “medium” restriction seems very mean and I really don’t want to purchase new cases. 

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with the others! I was really worried that I would be penalised for my case being over the stated dimensions but they weren't measured at all, thankfully! I'd just bought a new one then realised it was bigger than the stated dimensions! I think so long as they can handle the luggage safely then it's fine. Happy holidays x

2 hours ago, newtocruise_rj said:

I agree with the others! I was really worried that I would be penalised for my case being over the stated dimensions but they weren't measured at all, thankfully! I'd just bought a new one then realised it was bigger than the stated dimensions! I think so long as they can handle the luggage safely then it's fine. Happy holidays x

Phew!!!  Thank you.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hi we’re getting a transfer this April with intercruise just wondering do they take your cases of at Southampton so you just get of the coach it’s just that we are taking my mother in law who’s 90 and it would alleviate any messing around also do they fill these coaches to capacity we are a group of 6 and would like to sit with partners it’s not a big problem just wondering

thanks xx

Your case will be delivered to your cabin with no effort from you! I’m sure the coach will let you board the same one, you might not be able to sit all together though as it’s free seating. However the coach might save seats at the front if you ask, for your elderly relative. The steps up the coach can be steep, but some coaches are double decker with a few seats with easy access.  Hope she and you have a great cruise! 

On 1/20/2019 at 3:01 PM, jue said:

Hi we’re getting a transfer this April with intercruise just wondering do they take your cases of at Southampton so you just get of the coach it’s just that we are taking my mother in law who’s 90 and it would alleviate any messing around also do they fill these coaches to capacity we are a group of 6 and would like to sit with partners it’s not a big problem just wondering

thanks xx

You will have more trouble on disembarkation. Cases have to be collected from the baggage hall by passengers and taken through the Customs Hall and then to the coach which can be a little distance.  There are trolleys available, and a small number of staff to help.