Secret Harbor a great alternative to Megan's

TTEllis

1 hour ago, TTEllis said:

I will tell you this, bang for your buck Ft. Lauderdale, pre-cruise is hard to beat I go down 4-5 days early between hotel, food and beverages it's another $1K. That's a deal and I do it when I cruise out of Port Everglades, which is every time. I could cruise out of any port I wanted to and do, Port Everglades.😉 Everything is there, Ft. Lauderdale Las Olas Blvd. and Las Olas Beach, great restaurants, for the $$$ go immerse yourself in a LOT of fun Ft. Lauderdale. Take care Todd

Ok. And yes FLL and PE are handy for quick Florida departures.

When we travel we’re looking for something other than that so if we cruise it is out of Puerto Rico or a Carib port where we can spend some time after to immerse ourselves into that culture. But we’re all lucky to be able to make these choices!

I've ported out of Puerto Rico before, we are looking for 2 completely different culture's. I ported out of San Juan in 2002 and have never ported out of there since, it's one of many reasons I don't port out of anywhere in the US except Port Everglades. I'm looking for great food, nice restaurants, cold beers, nice people, beautiful hotels and a safe vacation environment. I didnt get any of that in San Juan when I stayed there.

Ft. Lauderdale, nothing but fun, beautiful people, cops super cool always there to help. Zillions of people of every different nationality from everywhere having a lot of fun, I saw none of that in San Juan, actually I never felt comfortable in San Juan. That was well before the hurricanes. They need to turn that island into a wildlife sanctuary.

Good luck on Puerto Rico they have a long way to go and that's being very generous. Also I found San Juan dirty, sorry about that but every time I was in downtown San Juan it was dirty, and we could only go so many places the only time we saw a cop is when they wouldn't let us go in one direction or another. Ft. Lauderdale is clean, best vibe in So. Florida. Sidewalks and beaches are spotless on Las Olas and A1A. The women in Ft. Lauderdale are beautiful, the women in San Juan are frightening. On that note, I'm going to bed. Later Todd