Tokyo to pier transportation

44cruises

Are you sure about Shinto Pier?   To my knowledge Celebrity docks at Harumi Terminal in Yokohama.   It is approximately y 25 miles from Tokyo.   There is a new cruise terminal Shinkyaku Pier which is scheduled for completion in 2020.  

If Yokohama you can take a Train (very convenient) then grab a cab to the terminal.  

They also have a Airport / Hotel shuttle that will pick up either Narita or Haneda and take you to YCAT (Yokohama City Air Terminal which is at Yokohama Train Station).  Grab a Cab from there.  Very efficient.

There is a very popular shared shuttle https://www.greentomato-j.com/eng/shuttle/yokohama_seaport.php

The use of a cab is also another option but very expensive (guessing about $150+

Edited by Jim_Iain

Thank you so much for this information. The Celebrity said Shinko pier in Nakabu, Yokohama. If I can get to Yokohama, then I should be able to get to the right place from there. The Celebrity person I talked did not seem very knowledgeable.  I will go to the website you suggest.

I am late to this discussion, but Jim -- while Charles and I didn't use it, isn't there a free shuttle from the Yokohama cruise terminal to the Yokohama Train Station?  We were on the same B2B trans-Pacific and then cruise around Japan with Jim and Iain.  When the Millennium came into Yokohama early due to Typhoon Trami it seems to me that some folks were leaving early with their luggage and taking that shuttle to the train station.  

51 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

I am late to this discussion, but Jim -- while Charles and I didn't use it, isn't there a free shuttle from the Yokohama cruise terminal to the Yokohama Train Station?  We were on the same B2B trans-Pacific and then cruise around Japan with Jim and Iain.  When the Millennium came into Yokohama early due to Typhoon Trami it seems to me that some folks were leaving early with their luggage and taking that shuttle to the train station.  

I didn't see a shuttle but possibly missed it and just grabbed a taxi which cost about $10.   I seem recall  they did have a free shuttle but it was to the Nihon-Odori Station (Subway) where the Mirai Line takes you to Yokohama Station for 220 Yen.  Maybe someone who took a shuttle could shine some light.   I checked the daily and they only indicated there was a shuttle to airport for a cost of $76 per person.   

They also have the Akaikutsu Loop Bus that stops in front of Passenger Terminal that stops at the Train Station and costs 220 yen or 500 yen for a day pass.

We stayed in Tokyo prior to our cruise on the Millennium from Yokohama in 2016. We used Green Tomato. They were very prompt, efficient and courteous. We shared the minivan with 3 other couples from our roll call, all of whom were staying in the same area as we were. The link to Green Tomato can be found in one of the posts above.  The ride from the Shinjuku area of Tokyo took about 45 minutes as I recall.

Bon voyage.

Larry and Ethel