OBC for excursions

Sgt Halftrack

It won't disappear.  You should be able to say that a credit has been taken against your off on board credit and it will show that way until you actually for the ship. Then it will subtract. Good thing about using OBC for excursions IMHO is that if you change your mind you're not waiting for your credit card to be credited

18 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

The OBC for excursions is a little confusing to me. I booked an excursion for two of us three or four months ago for April. It’s confirmed and says paid by OBC. My OBC in my personalizer and travel summary shows intact. 

I’m a little paranoid and check it every few days to make sure the excursion hasn’t disappeared for nonpayment.

Evidently the OBC is used to guarantee payment and will be charged after we board. Works for me, but it’s not matching up with what I’ve read. 

It may be a little confusing, but this is correct.  If you look at the Payments and Credits tab when logged into your account it will show both the total amount of excursions prebooked and ‘paid’ for, as well as the total amount of OBC you started with.  You are correct that they don’t actually deduct the excursion payment until onboard.

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

Although I cannot book the Fort Lauderdale to Quebec excursions next summer,  I just booked the Melbourne to New Zealand excursions next December. So must depend on 3rd parties.  (Auckland disembark not available yet?)

Guess it's just a wait and see at this point!

• Like 1

Refunding of an excursion when mixed between OBC & Credit Card.

Does anyone have experience how this works in practise ?

I am asking about the pre cruise stage, not what happens when onboard.

Assume:

1. $100 showing in personaliser as OBC (non refundable);

2. Book an excursion for $100. OBC is used to confirm this.....no problem;

3. Later book another excursion for $100. Credit card used to confirm this.....no problem;

If the first excursion is cancelled and you are now only doing the second excursion, do you receive a $100 refund to your credit card even though it was originally confirmed using OBC ?