New NCL app

Oceangal711

16 minutes ago, Oceangal711 said:

i just downloaded the new app from NCL. I have never used this one always used the iconcierge one. Does this one work the same it looks just like their website..Can you see your on board charges, keep in touch with your shipmates and book tender tickets? TIA

Before you board, it looks like the website.  Once you are on-board, it'll will work very much like iconcierge.  We loved being able to keep an eye on our on-board charges! 👍

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Oceangal711 said:

i just downloaded the new app from NCL. I have never used this one always used the iconcierge one. Does this one work the same it looks just like their website..Can you see your on board charges, keep in touch with your shipmates and book tender tickets? TIA

I was on the Bliss in November and loved this new app. Yes, you will see you're activities that are pre booked or booked onboard through box office or sign up desk. I didn't use the app to actually make a reservation. Also liked the daily listing of activities IMO much better than iconceirge. Debbie 

• Like 1

Hmmmm,,,  earlier this year, the new app was only available for a limited number of ships. We used it on the Bliss and it was just as bad as iconcierge. The app is only a user interface to what is on the back end servers. And the total mess of pre-booked and onboard booked activity integration has never been fixed since the launch of the Epic in 2010. 

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Teee said:

Do you use the app with your phone on airplane mode? I won't have an internet travel package.

Yes. Generally, you put your device into airplane mode, then turn back ON your WiFi to connect to ship's inTRAnet WiFi (so, data or minutes from any package are not used or deducted) as it will remained "connected" inside the walled garden.  

To use the inTRA-ship calling & texting, you need to OPT in and pay a nominal fee, sign-up & activate, and, the system assigned an unique 8 digit number to each device - no WiFi data or minutes deducted.  

To simplify matters, download & pre-install the new App on your device(s) before leaving.  But, if you didn't - you are given (within the App) a one-time 10 minutes allowance to download the NCL App while connected via the ship's wireless server (discovered this on the Escape.)  

• Like 1

We had problems with our booked activities being different on the app than on the TV in our room. I missed a go cart racing reservation because it didn't show on my app, although when I checked later I could see it on the TV. That led me to check other reservations, and found that several dining ones and shows also were at different times or different days on the app than on the TV. Guest services was great about getting me a different go cart time for the one I missed, and they were able to confirm that my TV was displaying the correct information, not my app. The app never did catch up in the 14 days we were on the ship. Other than that, it was great for all kinds of other things. Just beware of that potential glitch (which may have been fixed - we sailed last November).

How does it work with other person in cabin? For example I’m the primary person on all cruise documents since I booked it. When my husband tried to set up a login and password after he downloaded the app it didn’t recognize him or his latitude number. I want to be able to messen him during cruise. Thanks 

7 hours ago, miggles said:

How does it work with other person in cabin? For example I’m the primary person on all cruise documents since I booked it. When my husband tried to set up a login and password after he downloaded the app it didn’t recognize him or his latitude number. I want to be able to messen him during cruise. Thanks 

Wondering the same thing 

The messaging and voice calls to other passengers are an improvement over the old service. On the old app, I sometimes didn't see messages until/unless I opened the app. The new one really fixes that. Also, you can send pix on this app and do group chats.

Unfortunately, one issue I had was...you can't add/remove people from the group chat once its set up, you have to start a whole new group chat.