Totems in Ketchikan

GlendaleCruiser

We've been to both Totem Bright and to Totem Heritage Center. I prefer the Totem Heritage Center over Totem Bright. The Totem Heritage center is more like a museum, a lot more history and information. 

• 1 month later...

Thanks to all for the input. In the end, we managed to visit the Totem a heritage Center, Totem Bight and also did a walking tour of Ketchikan and saw the totem poles within the city. (We did a B2B so was fortunate enough to have 2 days in port). 

Overall I’d have to say we enjoyed Totem Bight the most. It’s such a serene setting and lots of totem poles to see. 

We also went to the Totem Bight a couple weeks ago. There is now a $5 admission at the entrance. After that, we passed by the heritage center during the walking tour, but we decided not to enter as we need to get back to the ship in an hour and there is an admission fee.

Question:   if we are on the city bus anyway, does it make sense to just take the Silver line southbound from Totem bight all the way directly to Saxman?   Or maybe go the other way, i.e. Saxman straight all the way to Totem bight, since reserving guided tours at Saxman (w/ set times) is preferable?