Concierge embarkation lunch

rachiem

We are doing a 3 night cruise from Southampton and have just cancelled our drinks package. We thought £320 for 3 nights for the two of us was a little OTT.

I can't remember from previous sailings but do you get complimentary welcome drinks on embarkation or in the MDR for the embarkation lunch?

Royal Caribbean have always offered this but not sure with Celebrity.

Also, can I take my own soft drinks aboard as we like bottled water, if so can we pack a couple of bottles in our suitcase?

Many thanks

4 hours ago, rachiem said:

We are doing a 3 night cruise from Southampton and have just cancelled our drinks package. We thought £320 for 3 nights for the two of us was a little OTT.

I can't remember from previous sailings but do you get complimentary welcome drinks on embarkation or in the MDR for the embarkation lunch?

Also, can I take my own soft drinks aboard as we like bottled water, if so can we pack a couple of bottles in our suitcase?

Many thanks

When did Royal Caribbean start offering complimentary welcome aboard drinks and and/or complimentary drinks in the main dining room ?  I have done several Royal Caribbean cruises and never experienced this.  On Royal, the main dining room is not usually open for lunch.

Celebrity does offer a complimentary welcome aboard beverage.

Sorry for the confusion. Royal Caribbean came round with drinks several times on arrival, later during our lunch at the pizza place and in the bars on the first afternoon.

We had a drinks package so declined but was surprised at their generosity. This was on a 3 day trip from Southampton

Edited by rachiem
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rachiem said:

Sorry for the confusion. Royal Caribbean came round with drinks several times on arrival, later during our lunch at the pizza place and in the bars on the first afternoon.

We had a drinks package so declined but was surprised at their generosity. This was on a 3 day trip from Southampton

If you’d accepted the drink they’d have asked for your card on Royal. 

Celebrity offers an embarkation beverage of sparkling wine, or oj or a mimosa. Last cruise (Eclipse) we were offered a hibiscus (cranberry & sparkling wine).  The beverage servers were all around in the Concierge embarkation lunch (great deal, no crowds & comfortable seating, not to mention a decent lunch) however if you ordered an alcoholic drink you were asked for your card. 

Edited by awhfy
Addition
  • Like 1

I can't respond to Concierge service from the UK but I can tell you about Concierge service from Fort Lauderdale, if that will help.

Upon embarkation it was so fast we did not have to wait, we were directed to the line for Concierge guests and no sooner than we went through the photographers we were entering the ship where we were offered a glass of "sparkling wine", we lingered a bit and we offered a second glass  which we took with us to the Concierge lunch, never were we asked for our card, there was no alcohol offered at lunch but I'm sure we could have had it.

Prior to cruise we packed a case of water and 2 six packs of Coke, which we did not need because we had the Premium Drink package, wasn't thinking, lol.

You could put a luggage tag on you case of water and it will be delivered to your cabin, if you take other beverages they must be in cans.

You can have 2, 750ml  bottles of wine per cabin, its advised to pack them in your carry on bag.

I hope this was helpful.

Thank you, yes that's very helpful. We are boarding from Southampton so we can just take the water from the boot and put it with our luggage.

RCI definitely offered free sparkling wine and cocktails as they were on trays scattered around the main foyer. People were going up and helping themselves. I was surprised as this was my first RCI cruise

10 hours ago, rachiem said:

I have never been given a welcome aboard drink on a Royal cruise but Celebrity always has Champagne, Mimosas or OJ when you board.  20+ Celebrity cruises and they welcome you aboard with drinks every time!!

• Like 1

On 12/28/2018 at 9:26 AM, rachiem said:

Many thanks

Might be worth keeping an look out for online specials. We picked up Classic beverage package with 20% discount. Just enough discount to swing it for us......