Thinking about renting a car to get to and from port

diverdon48371

Hello,

We are cruising on carnival Magic Feb, 24 out of Miami. We will be flying in the afternoon of the 23rd and have booked a hotel by the FLL airport. I am thinking of renting a car(maybe budget) when we get into Ft. Lauderdale on the 23rd and dropping off the car near the Port of Miami on the 24th.  Our flight home on the 3rd does not leave until 4:30 so I was also thinking of renting a car for the return trip and checking out the area. Another option is just booking transportation to the ship on SAS and when we get back do a ship excursion that would drop us off at the FLL airport. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thank You

Don 

How many on the shuttle at $15 each compared to the cost.of the rental car?

Are there excursions you are interested in?  You could shuttle to.FLL, store your bags there, and then exp!ore, ride the water taxi, beach, etc.

Another option is to Uber to South Beach, pay to store your bags at the Luggage Lounge, and then enjoy AN until time to head to FLL.

There is only two of us, we were thinking of doing the Everglades tour($55PP), then I noticed I could get a car for the day through budget for around $35. I was thinking that might be a option, then we can set our own schedule.

I have used SAS in the past with no issues.