Poll Creation Test

zorrosuncle

Like many cruisers, my primary reason for taking a cruise is to see the sights at the various stops along the way... On my last cruise, a repositioning, I found a few of my scheduled tours cancelled because "the tour operator didn't feel he had enough people to make it worthwhile".  Several others down the floor received similar notices on even different tours.  For me my cancellations were a major disappointment -- I would have taken a different cruise or different cruise line.

I am having difficulty understanding the rationale why an esteemed cruise ship company empowers a third party tour operator to disappoint me at will.  I studied marketing with the best and perhaps HAL forgets that a product which they market is made up of several component parts -- in this case, one of them being the tours.  I am pondering whether EXC means " Excellence" or whether it means "Expect Cancellations".

Is this going to be the new HAL?

ZU

They should know in advance how many passengers sign up for an excursion prior to sailing and if the number of people is low they should inform you in advance that the tour may be cancelled. That way you have the opportunity to choose an alternative tour. Truth is HAL just doesn't seem to care. They have a loyal following no matter what they do- for example, taking away benefits of 4 and 5 star Mariners. 

2 hours ago, Travrat said:

They have a loyal following no matter what they do- for example, taking away benefits of 4 and 5 star Mariners. 

What 4 & 5 star benefits have been taken away?  I'm not aware of any.

For one thing if you sail on the Koningsdam there is no America Test Kit hen so you will not get your "free" hands on class. I have also seen on this site people are not getting their 2 free Pinnacle dinners because the Pinnacle Grill is fully booked. I don't see this as true though. We had an 8:30 teservation on our last cruise and there were many empty tables. They just don't want to seat people past 8:30. Really the suite guests have been snubbed most by taking away their Pinnacle breakfast and opening "Club Orange"