Silver Explorer March 30, 2019

33 minutes ago, ElectraCute said:

Hi Fellow Cruisers. Anybody out there? I've never started a Roll Call before, so please don't let me tread water alone!

Robin (aka ElectraCute)  (& Ray, although he's not the one trying to figure out how to start a Roll Call)

Well, for starters, you're in the wrong forum.  This forum is for help using the boards.  You want the Roll Call forum:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/20-roll-calls/

1 hour ago, Shmoo here said:

Well, for starters, you're in the wrong forum.  This forum is for help using the boards.  You want the Roll Call forum:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/20-roll-calls/

Shmoo -- there must be half a dozen or so people starting Roll Calls here every day.  I wonder why this is happening.  I get the people who are incorrectly posting here because they need help with a cruise-related issue, but not a technical issue using the boards, and are just in the wrong place because the forum title (Need Help?) seemed to invite posts by anyone needing any form of help here.   (I'd call this forum  "Need Technical Help?" or "Need Help Using the Boards?" or something similar.)  But I don't understand why we are seeing so many Roll Calls being posted here (including a little while ago by someone with more than 3400 posts...)  It's very odd....

Just now, Turtles06 said:

Shmoo -- there must be half a dozen or so people starting Roll Calls here every day.  I wonder why this is happening.  I get the people who are incorrectly posting here because they need help with a cruise-related issue, but not a technical issue using the boards, and are just in the wrong place because the forum title (Need Help?) seemed to invite posts by anyone needing any form of help here.   (I'd call this forum  "Need Technical Help?" or "Need Help Using the Boards?" or something similar.)  But I don't understand why we are seeing so many Roll Calls being posted here (including a little while ago by someone with more than 3400 posts...)  It's very odd....

Actually, it's an issue that CC has always had.  For some reason, it appears, people trying to start a new thread seem to migrate to "Need Help?  Ask Here".  Don't know why, they just do.  I just try to head them in the right direction, as that's the help they need.

1 minute ago, Shmoo here said:

Actually, it's an issue that CC has always had.  For some reason, it appears, people trying to start a new thread seem to migrate to "Need Help?  Ask Here".  Don't know why, they just do.  I just try to head them in the right direction, as that's the help they need.

Has there always been a "Need Help? Ask Here" subforum?  (That is, before the upgrade?)  If so, I guess I figured it all out on my own, as I never even noticed it.  🤣

14 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Has there always been a "Need Help? Ask Here" subforum?  (That is, before the upgrade?)  If so, I guess I figured it all out on my own, as I never even noticed it.  🤣

I don't recall what the forum was called (pretty sure it was the same), but yes there was a forum for people who needed help navigating the boards.