*Live* Brilliance of the Seas Western Caribbean Jan7th-Jan12th!

Entertainment shows in the Pacifica Theatre:

Day 1: Welcome aboard show with Billy Garan, comedian, 7:15pm. The show was funny!! He also had a late night adult comedy show at 10:15pm. My husband attended and really enjoyed!

Day 2: Marc Savard, Comedy Hypnotist. He had 2 shows at 8:15pm and 10pm. We went to the 8 PM show. It was so funny! Even if you dont believe in Hypnotism just go! 

Day 3: Production Showtime, Now and Forever. It featured the Royal Singers and Dancers. Shows 7pm and 9pm. We did not go, we were just too exhausted after 7pm all aboard in Cozumel.

Day 4: Singer/Entertainer Kenny James. He is a Motown Singer, who took over the lead in 1980 for the group Hues Corporation (Most popular song is "Rock the Boat"). It was pretty good! Did I mention he also won on the 80's show Star Search 13 times? Lol.

Day 5: Production Showtime: Center Stage. Farewell production for RC Singers and Dancers. Lots of good singing/dancing numbers. We enjoyed! And ran in to Kenny James in the audience! 

20190110_211857.jpg

20190110_222829.jpg

20190111_205723.jpg

20190111_210430.jpg

We had a great time on this cruise too! If anyone caught the “river dance” around the atrium that was my honey 😂 And if there is video, I would thoroughly appreciate a copy!!! 

One thing that happened to us was our excursion was cancelled in Cozumel due to weather. I understand that you can not control the weather but I wish I had known before getting to our meeting time/location. Since we have been to Cozumel often we ended up just staying on the ship & enjoying ourselves still! Just a heads up that it can happen.

I too was on this cruise (party of 5) and agree you captured the fun through your review and pics.  Like you, I thought the MDR food was good but we also ate twice in specialty and thought both Chops and Giovanni's were amazing.  The BOGO is a great deal.  Last day we did the Puzzle Break - a lot of fun if you like escape rooms - and the Quest game show - absolutely hilarious.  In Cozumel we did Trikes Cozumel and toured the island on three-wheeled motorcycles.  A really great cruise!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BLAMBKY said:

We had a great time on this cruise too! If anyone caught the “river dance” around the atrium that was my honey 😂 And if there is video, I would thoroughly appreciate a copy!!! 

One thing that happened to us was our excursion was cancelled in Cozumel due to weather. I understand that you can not control the weather but I wish I had known before getting to our meeting time/location. Since we have been to Cozumel often we ended up just staying on the ship & enjoying ourselves still! Just a heads up that it can happen.

Blambky,

I missed the riverdance in the centrum! Is your husband the same guy who did the riverdance at the Hypnotist show?

Also, which excursion was cancelled? 

Lol, no that was another one! Hmmmm, I wonder if my guy was semi-hypnotized? And the excursion was the Thriller jet boat & beach break. There were too many white caps to make the turns. We could have switched to a beach excursion or ruins excursion but decided if there was extra movement to the ocean we did not want a long ferry ride. 

7 hours ago, Bizi1 said:

I too was on this cruise (party of 5) and agree you captured the fun through your review and pics.  Like you, I thought the MDR food was good but we also ate twice in specialty and thought both Chops and Giovanni's were amazing.  The BOGO is a great deal.  Last day we did the Puzzle Break - a lot of fun if you like escape rooms - and the Quest game show - absolutely hilarious.  In Cozumel we did Trikes Cozumel and toured the island on three-wheeled motorcycles.  A really great cruise!

Bizi1,  I am assuming that you bought the precruise BOGO and ended up in Chops and Giovanni’s?  When do you find out what restaurants you will eat at?

40 minutes ago, Lovetotraveltami said:

Bizi1,  I am assuming that you bought the precruise BOGO and ended up in Chops and Giovanni’s?  When do you find out what restaurants you will eat at?

I did buy the BOGO and I assumed Chops the first night but we went to the restaurant before Sailaway to confirm.  He asked what order I wanted for the restaurants.  Both restaurants were not busy but both were outstanding.  I especially liked Chops.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/9/2019 at 7:24 PM, manders175 said:

Dinner tonight was Caesar Salad, Lasagna, and the warm chocolate cookie/vanilla ice cream. My husband had the escargot, NY strip steak, and apple pie a la mode. Everything was great. 

20190109_172334.jpg

20190109_174257.jpg

20190109_181347.jpg

20190109_181417.jpg

20190109_184314.jpg

20190109_184321.jpg

Thanks for the reference. Although this seems to be day 3...

If someone who has been on Brilliance recently (maybe this sailing) could let me know who the Activity Manager was, I would appreciate it.  I keep a list on CC of Activity Managers and the best info comes from cruisers.  If you have gone on a different but recent sailing, just let me know the date along with who the AM was.  Super thanks.

• 4 months later...

just booked a cruise on Brilliance and found this thread, hopefully not too late for a reply!   I saw you had cabin 7174, I booked 7176 ... just wondering if you had sun on your balcony or if it was mostly shady ... thanks!   

20 hours ago, loopschick said:

just booked a cruise on Brilliance and found this thread, hopefully not too late for a reply!   I saw you had cabin 7174, I booked 7176 ... just wondering if you had sun on your balcony or if it was mostly shady ... thanks!   

20 hours ago, loopschick said:

Hi! We did get a decent amount of sunlight on our balcony most of the time. The views were great!