What To expect from a Travel agent

Kevin308

So I am about to book a cruise I have decided to try a Travel Agent this time.   What should I expect from a Travel agent?   Like how much time is fair to give them to get back with me on a price quote?   If I am not booking myself what type of service should I expect from them?

All TA’s are different.  An impossible question to answer unless we had the same TA.  I like being in control of my cruises and would never rely on someone else.  Do your homework before hiring a TA. I’ve read some really bad stories about some. (There have also been some very good ones).  I would do dummy bookings before hand also. That way I would know the bottom line if I booked through the cruise line. 

I get were you are coming from and when I booked my self found it easy enough. I am talking to a travel agent and you would think the agent would be able to get me  quotes right a way.  But that doesn't seem to be the case so I am questioning if the agent even wants my business.

All TA’s are different.  An impossible question to answer unless we had the same TA.  I like being in control of my cruises and would never rely on someone else.  Do your homework before hiring a TA. I’ve read some really bad stories about some. (There have also been some very good ones).  I would do dummy bookings before hand also. That way I would know the bottom line if I booked through the cruise line. 

Yikes!!!   Not a good sign 

I would  think they should get back to you within a couple of hours max

My TA  usually replies within 30 mins if I give her the details of the cruise

if you are asking for options on different lines it may take a bit longer

You should also ask  if they have cancellation fees  other than those impossed by the cruise line

Perks ..what will they offer you if you give them your business

ask if they have cruised before  you want to be sure they know what they are talking about

Good luck