Where Will We Dock? And What to do at Night in Cozumel?

me-shel

We'll be in Cozumel Feb. 15 with a total of 7(!!) ships. Is there any way to know ahead of time where we'll dock - or at least which pier? We're the last ones in at 11am on Nieuw Statendam. Full load is: 

0700-1700: Carnival Dream

0800-1900: RCL Harmony of the Seas

0800-1700: Norwegian Getaway

0900-1700: Carnival Vista

1000-1800: MSC Armonia

1000-2200: Regal Princess

1100-2300: HAL ms Nieuw Statendam

I've never been in a port with SO MANY ships at once! That's potentially over 25k people. 😜

And we're also out late: 11pm. Any suggestions on what to do in Cozumel after dark? We'll get some time in at the beach while the sun is still shining, but are at a loss for what to do/see in the dark. We'll have a car but have to return it by 6pm. 

Edited by me-shel

Head downtown after the beach for drinks and dinner, or enjoy happy hour and sunset at the Money Bar beach club before heading back to the port.

7 ships is only slightly more than average for Cozumel; 5-6 ships per day is normal.

Edited by JohninDC

23 hours ago, JohninDC said:

7 ships is only slightly more than average for Cozumel; 5-6 ships per day is normal.

That's reassuring that they're used to handling that type of load on a regular basis! 

On 1/4/2019 at 4:18 PM, me-shel said:

We'll be in Cozumel Feb. 15 with a total of 7(!!) ships. Is there any way to know ahead of time where we'll dock - or at least which pier? We're the last ones in at 11am on Nieuw Statendam. Full load is: 

0700-1700: Carnival Dream

0800-1900: RCL Harmony of the Seas

0800-1700: Norwegian Getaway

0900-1700: Carnival Vista

1000-1800: MSC Armonia

1000-2200: Regal Princess

1100-2300: HAL ms Nieuw Statendam

I've never been in a port with SO MANY ships at once! That's potentially over 25k people. 😜

And we're also out late: 11pm. Any suggestions on what to do in Cozumel after dark? We'll get some time in at the beach while the sun is still shining, but are at a loss for what to do/see in the dark. We'll have a car but have to return it by 6pm. 

More than likely since HAL is part of Carnival corporation you will dock at  Puerta Maya.

if you google there are several sites which give cruise port schedules -  none are 100% accurate since they are often written a long time in advance and things change. I generally use 

http://www.cruiseportinsider.com/cozumelschedule2019.html#jan

for Cozumel since it is one site that splits up piers, but again not 100%.

Keep in mind Cozumel is now EST-year round. Not sure why you are planning to rent a car, or where you are renting from, but remember places on the east side close at dusk as there is no electricity.

One if our favorite late things to do in Cozumel is Happy Hour and sunset dinner as John suggests.There are great places to catch sunset on the west coast - Money Bar or places in town, Eg Rolandiis but both would require taxi from Puerta Maya. If you are returning rental car to Puerta Maya you could stay at one of the bars at the pier or you could walk (long) or taxi to Turquoise Bar, or Blue Angel.

Personally I would just use taxis all day to save having to back track.

Edited by c-leg5

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 12:05 PM, c-leg5 said:

More than likely since HAL is part of Carnival corporation you will dock at  Puerta Maya.

if you google there are several sites which give cruise port schedules -  none are 100% accurate since they are often written a long time in advance and things change. I generally use 

http://www.cruiseportinsider.com/cozumelschedule2019.html#jan

for Cozumel since it is one site that splits up piers, but again not 100%.

Keep in mind Cozumel is now EST-year round. Not sure why you are planning to rent a car, or where you are renting from, but remember places on the east side close at dusk as there is no electricity.

One if our favorite late things to do in Cozumel is Happy Hour and sunset dinner as John suggests.There are great places to catch sunset on the west coast - Money Bar or places in town, Eg Rolandiis but both would require taxi from Puerta Maya. If you are returning rental car to Puerta Maya you could stay at one of the bars at the pier or you could walk (long) or taxi to Turquoise Bar, or Blue Angel.

Personally I would just use taxis all day to save having to back track.

This is great thank you! 

Like renting golf carts in Grand Turk, when we don't have something specific we're interested in we love to just run around without an overly committed plan - including probably taking a lap around to the "wild side" on the East. Given our arrival time that's where we'll probably begin. Car drop-off will be in town, so Rolandi's,Turquoise Bar & Blue Angel look like they're on the way back to Puerta Maya (if that's where we land) so all contenders!