need help getting on ship in Charleston,SC

MooNGaTe27

Going on the Sunshine in Nov & I need help getting on & off the ship. I cant stand for a long time & will need a wheel chair to get on & off the ship . Is there an area where I go to wait for a wheel chair to become available when I board. How does this work 

Thanks in advance for any help 

I know there's a line of benches outside the terminal and I believe there was an area for wheelchairs right before the security checkpoints. I would suggest go have a seat on one of the benches and have another member of your party ask one of the port personnel for assistance with getting you a wheelchair.

Also, Port of Charleston allows you to park for free with a valid handicapped placard or licence plate.

http://www.scspa.com/cruise-parking/ 

We have sailed out of a number of Carnival FL ports and I also need assistance getting on and off the ship. When you enter the terminal tell an employee you need assistance and after going through security you will be shown where the wheelchair assistance is, usually very close by. It has never been a problem and there is minimal standing. When you leave the ship, call guest services and ask where you need to go to get wheelchair assistance off the ship as there will be a specific location. DH and I always do valet parking and the wheelchair pusher will take you right out to the valet parking area and wait until the car is brought around. We also get a porter to get our luggage and he will also bring your luggage right to the valet parking area. Be sure to tip the wheelchair pushers and porter generously. Enjoy your cruise!