Elation Walls and Doors

Julia Goolia

I read recently that the doors and walls on the Elation are no longer metal.  I can't recall where I read it and can't seem to find it when I search on this forum. Can anyone who has recently been on this ship verify this information?  I am asking because we have a group of 31 people cruising together in June and several of the cabins have 4 or 5 people.  I was planning to recommend magnetic hooks and things to help them save space and keep organized.  Also want to know for door decorations to identify the doors of everyone in our group.

Iif anyone who has recently been on the Elation has any other info, tips, etc. to share, I would definitely appreciate it.  About half of our 31 cruisers will be first time cruisers so I'm trying to give them fun tips and information to help them know what to expect (without overwhelming them.)  We'll be sailing out of Port Canaveral with ports into Amber Cove and Grand Turk.

Thanks in advance.

Best wishes,

Julia

I cannot speak for Elation, but I was on Sunshine recently and the interior walls were not ferro-magnetic enough to use magnets on them.  There was some steel underneath to feel some mild attraction, but not enough to hold the magnet in place.

I must admit I completely forgot to try the door.

I suspect that as interiors get re-done, the walls have top-surfaces applied to help with sound insulation and/or fire-proofing.  Since Elation has been done not too long ago, it may have the same situation.

On 1/7/2019 at 1:30 PM, ProgRockCruiser said:

I cannot speak for Elation, but I was on Sunshine recently and the interior walls were not ferro-magnetic enough to use magnets on them.  There was some steel underneath to feel some mild attraction, but not enough to hold the magnet in place.

I must admit I completely forgot to try the door.

I suspect that as interiors get re-done, the walls have top-surfaces applied to help with sound insulation and/or fire-proofing.  Since Elation has been done not too long ago, it may have the same situation.

On 1/7/2019 at 2:26 PM, Essiesmom said:

Can't remember about the walls, but the doors were not magnetic enough for magnets.  However, we were able to put small magnets on the door surround.  EM

Thank you both for the answers.  Much appreciated.  

Best wishes,

Julia

We were just on Magic and I had bought my daughter a magnetic birthday sign and it wouldn't stick to the outside of the cabin door but there was a strip above the door that it would stick on. I expected the door to be magnetic but it wasn't.

• 4 years later...