Excursion Sold Out (?)

KayeCH

Please forgive the newbie question....sailing on Horizon in March. Logged online tonight and had an excursion in my shopping cart. Completed my online check-in..went back to the cart and it was removed. Shows now as sold out on the excursion page. 😞

Are we completely out of luck or does Carnival add extra spots? Does Guest Services create a wait list once on board?

Thank you!

Also, if you posted the port and excursion you wanted, I'm sure someone here could direct you to a reputable tour operator that could provide about the same excursion for less money. Admittedly, you loose the guarantee of the ship waiting for you, but in "most" ports I wouldn't worry bout that. 

Thank you both! It is Monkeyland at La Romana. From what I can see online it can only be booked via Carnival; the tour operator seems to run it from hotels but not from the port otherwise. If anyone knows of another way to book would love to know!

6 hours ago, CRocks said:

Also, if you posted the port and excursion you wanted, I'm sure someone here could direct you to a reputable tour operator that could provide about the same excursion for less money. Admittedly, you loose the guarantee of the ship waiting for you, but in "most" ports I wouldn't worry bout that. 

I agree with this.  I was scared to take a non cruise ship excursion and we had to in Costa Maya.  We loved it!  These companies depend on cruise ships for their livelihood so they are not going to flippantly disregard boarding times.  BUT to me, it would still depend on the port.