Spa Questions

Is a better deal to pre-book a couples massage or wait until you get on board and wait for an advertised deal - say on a port day?  DH and I would like to book a couples massage but I'm thinking of waiting, but not sure.  We've pre-booked about everything else so far.  

We've never done a couples massage, I've only done a massage for myself on previous cruises.  Looking forward to it.  Which one is best ?  DH is not a massage person but does enjoy the thermal suite stuff.  This was his idea, and I'm absolutely thrilled.  I've been getting monthly massages as a part of my self care routine this past year and it has helped me so much.  I'm just happy he's supporting me and trying to help himself too.  

Lastly, wanted to ask about the thermal suite.  Is is worth getting a weekly pass or just a one time deal?  Also, we are booked in a Grand Suite - do suite guests get a one time pass to the Thermal Suite or no?  Thought I read somewhere something about that but not sure.  We are booked on the Allure, by the way.

Thanks for any advice!

If you are not wedded to a particular day and time, spa services on port days can be a deal.

Last week, friends were able to move the Manager's couple's massage deal offered during the spa tour on Day 1 to a port day.  They spent the morning wandering the port, got back on the ship for a 2 pm appointment and had plenty of time to get ready for early dinner seating.

They were a little flexible on timing and, with a few please & thank yous, it all worked out.  They loved it!

• Like 1

You can get some great deals on spa services on port days but I am not sure about for a couples massage.  Usually it is a bundle deal like 30 minute massage with a facial for 1 person.  I would recommend booking it beforehand.

We personally love the thermal suite.  So relaxing!  We haven't seen the one on Allure (yet) but when we were on the Serenade the windows from the thermal suite had the most amazing view as well!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kag19 said:

You can get some great deals on spa services on port days but I am not sure about for a couples massage. 

Since last week was a NYE cruise, there were some things offered that I had never seen during a non-holiday cruise. YMMV

For me and my wife a couple's massage is not that big of a deal.

We regulary get massages at a local resort spa where we we make a day of it.  I book each seperately for the same time.  We get there a bit early and use the men's or woman's sauna, whirlpool as appropriate.  Get the massages, then meet up at the spa pool afterwards.

On cruises we have done the same.

However a couple of years ago, we did an all-inclusive on-land resort.  I booked massages for us.  When we showed up, it was a couple's massage.  Since the point of a massage is to relax with very little vocal communication to help in the relaxation process, we both agreed afterwards that a couple massage is not all that it is cracked up to be, esp. if there is a premium over having two individual massages.