Problem with Hub App

cuppettmd

Hey, All; On my cruise last Oct. I had a problem loading the Hub on my Fire Tablet. I tried again for my cruise next week on the Elation with no luck. After checking it out, I was informed that Amazon will not allow Google Play Store apps (which is what Carnival uses) on their service. Does anyone know of a "work around", or is this just a get over it moment? Thanks!

Most fire tablets run some kinda of android operating system that is mostly skinned to amazon branding. Somewhere in the settings (usually the developer options you have to enable ) is the option to enable Applications from unknown sources. Depending on the device, the wording might be different.Enable this setting. After it is enabled,  Go to a APK download site like https://apkpure.com/carnival-hub/com.carnival.android to download the APK. Transfer the downloaded APK to your tablet by connecting the tablet to your computer. After the file is transferred to the device, use File Explorer/My Files to open the apk and allow it to install. 

If you have an old fire tablet running  android version 6 or less, you will need to download the older carnival hub app version 2.2.4. The new updated carnival hub app (3.0.2 and higher) only support android 7 and newer 

4 hours ago, shof515 said:

Most fire tablets run some kinda of android operating system that is mostly skinned to amazon branding. Somewhere in the settings (usually the developer options you have to enable ) is the option to enable Applications from unknown sources. Depending on the device, the wording might be different.Enable this setting. After it is enabled,  Go to a APK download site like https://apkpure.com/carnival-hub/com.carnival.android to download the APK. Transfer the downloaded APK to your tablet by connecting the tablet to your computer. After the file is transferred to the device, use File Explorer/My Files to open the apk and allow it to install. 

If you have an old fire tablet running  android version 6 or less, you will need to download the older carnival hub app version 2.2.4. The new updated carnival hub app (3.0.2 and higher) only support android 7 and newer 

Thanks! I'll give it a try.