Kayak Tour Dubrovnik

Hi Folks

We're in Dubrovnik 16th August 12:00 to 19:00 and would like to do a Kayak tour, what I'd like to know is.

The excursion I'm looking at says the Kayaks depart from Near Dubrovnik Old Town and is 2.5/3 hr's. 

Is this likely to be far from the cruise port? because there are 2 departure times 13:00 & 15:15

Will we need to get a Taxi from the cruise port to the likely departure point of the Kayak how long does it take to get to the Old town? 

If this type of trip isn't possible what else could be done in the time limits we have?

Cheers :classic_biggrin:

Edited by cruzinchad
new post title

When you take a look at a map you'll see the cruise port is close to what is known as old town the walled in area. Maybe 5-10 minutes and a slight uphill from port area to the Pile gate where most people enter. Your cruise ship will likely offer a shuttle to the Pile gate. Otherwise its a very short taxi ride. Walk in and through to the southeast side of the old town city wall near the Ploce gate is the Old Port, has breakwater protection is very calm. I imagine that's where the kayaks will launch from. You are literally just the far side of the old town - maybe 10 mins walking from Pile gate. No taxi's inside old town walls. You will waste no time getting to/from that launch point. Obviously finding out where that is is key. So your earlier departure time should work fine for you. Later one might be cutting it a bit close to departure at 6pm.  Old Town will be busy with tourists on foot all day in August.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...