Cruise 16....finally a call from the fairy!

English-Greg

We are booked on the Vista on Feb 24th. Now on other cruises we have had email offers but never taken one. Either family traveling with us or not wanting to go from a cove to a standard balcony.

Well today, at about 2pm, I get a call from Miami on my cell. Now I know very few people in Miami so was about to reject the call. Then I thought that the sailing is only a few weeks away, maybe it’s the mystical fairy? Ha ha! Low and behold....it was!!! 

So so here is the deal I was offered. Booked a cove balcony and was offered a Family Harbor Suite for $596 more. Went on line after and priced it. Was $1600 more than we paid. I did try offering $496 but was told there was no room for negotiation on it. As it’s our 1st time on the Vista and schools are not on holiday, I took the deal and now have a very happy wife! 

Just wanted to let people know, you can still get a call so be ready! Not sure if they give you time to think about it as I took the deal straight away. Just knew I would get kudos from the boss!

Edited by English-Greg
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, English-Greg said:

We are booked on the Vista on Feb 24th. Now on other cruises we have had email offers but never taken one. Either family traveling with us or not wanting to go from a cove to a standard balcony.

Well today, at about 2pm, I get a call from Miami on my cell. Now I know very few people in Miami so was about to reject the call. Then I thought that the sailing is only a few weeks away, maybe it’s the mystical fairy? Ha ha! Low and behold....it was!!! 

So so here is the deal I was offered. Booked a cove balcony and was offered a Family Harbor Suite for $596 more. Went on line after and priced it. Was $1600 more than we paid. I did try offering $496 but was told there was no room for negotiation on it. As it’s our 1st time on the Vista and schools are not on holiday, I took the deal and now have a very happy wife! 

Just wanted to let people know, you can still get a call so be ready! Not sure if they give you time to think about it as I took the deal straight away. Just knew I would get kudos from the boss!

That sounds like a great deal!  Congrats and enjoy!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, English-Greg said:

So so here is the deal I was offered. Booked a cove balcony and was offered a Family Harbor Suite 

I sincerely hope you have better luck than others on here who have reported noise from the deck above with its main kitchen.