Best Time to Book Alaska Cruise

nextcruiseonmymind

11 hours ago, petuniaflower said:

I was wondering the same  thing, we would like to go in July, but the prices were very high for 6 of us when we checked last month..There were quite many cabins available so I wondered if they may go down.

Do you mind saying what line the prices dropped with?

RCI -11 night May 13 I am solo so a couple would pay more for Taxes and fees

image.png.686f702ce9e65c8aa8bd7415624441fb.png

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/?dates_maxDate=05%2F31%2F2019&dates_minDate=05%2F01%2F2019&destinationRegionCode_ALCAN=true&itineraryGroupId=OV11YVR-1648588460&itineraryPanel=OV11A013-2019-05-13

• 2 weeks later...

I usually book fairly close to departure (though that makes it difficult coordinating with other people, jobs, flights, etc).  I find you usually get the best prices starting about 4-6 weeks before the cruise.  Prices then start fluctuating, often wildly, and you can sometimes get amazing deals the closer you get to departure.  The best I ever had was booked about 2 weeks in advance.  Keep in mind, I usually stay in the cheapest inside rooms.

On the other hand, booking early often gives you more perks and more time to look forward to it.    

If you don't care which cabin to stay in, you may wait for the price to drop. However, there are a lot of things to plan for a cruise to Alaska like excursions and airtickets. You may not want to wait too long. We booked ours a month ago for the cruise in May with two of the cabins with the largest balconies in that class. Then the price dropped a couple times for a total of 5%. I just called to get the price adjusted as the final payment is still not due yet. Even it may get cheaper later, I may not be able to get the same cabins that we want.