Best beach for 6 year olds

KyRoamer

We arrive in early April with our twin six year old grandkids and (thankfully) their mother. Both of the twins are good swimmers. They want a simple beach. Just sand and water and perhaps beach chairs for rent and a bite to eat(they're fussy eaters and anything beyond chicken strips or hot dogs is too much).

Suggestions?

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/11/2019 at 7:41 AM, JohninDC said:

Paradise Beach!  $3 admission/chair rental, nice beach, HUGE pool, great facilities and good food/drinks/service.

How does Paradise Beach compare to Playa Mia?  We are just looking for a place to go for 2-3 hrs.  Deff not looking for an AI AYCE option.  I'll have a 5 and 12 year old.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Gators77 said:

How does Paradise Beach compare to Playa Mia?  We are just looking for a place to go for 2-3 hrs.  Deff not looking for an AI AYCE option.  I'll have a 5 and 12 year old.

Thanks!

If your kids were younger I would push you to Playa Mia for the kiddie water park.  With older kids I would choose Paradise Beach - great facilities, huge pool, nice Beach, etc. Both are a $17 can ride from the piers.

12 minutes ago, JohninDC said:

If your kids were younger I would push you to Playa Mia for the kiddie water park.  With older kids I would choose Paradise Beach - great facilities, huge pool, nice Beach, etc. Both are a $17 can ride from the piers.

Now if we aren't interested in the AI option with food/drink, what is the additional charge for the use of the pools/facilities at each location?  One of my kids is under 48 inches and would enjoy the kiddie play area.  And all 3 would enjoy the 2 big slides at Playa Mia.  What does Paradise Beach have? Thanks for your help!

We were there last week with our five year old and took him snorkeling off the shore at Tikila. It was well worth it and cheap (just buy some food at the restaurant there), it's an easy walk from the pier. Friends of ours on the boat took their kids to Paradise and loved it. Tikila doesn't have a beach, but if snorkeling interests them, I recommend it. They have gear to rent and guides if you want it, but we've had our snorkels from Target last for five cruises now. Other walkable options are Grand Park Royal, which has a nice mandmade beach and pool and buffet, around $40-$50, or La Ceiba which is $22 per person, similar but not as nice.