Hotel Recommendation in Rome

bldsld

We're looking for a recommendation for a nice hotel in Rome (we need 3 rooms), post-cruise for 2 nights. We are looking for an alternative to the Hassler, or a Hassler-type experience. We would prefer something different than the typical Seabourn-style hotel.

Thanks!

Denyse

We stayed at a lovely family run hotel on Capo D'Africa very close to the coliseum, in fact you can sit on a terrace and see the coliseum. It is run by an American lady and her family who have lived in Rome for years. Before we booked this hotel I read many reviews and most people said "please don't tell all your friends as this is the best kept secret in Rome". It is an inexpensive hotel and very small. It does have a lift and a bar and a charming living room where guests meet and chat. We also had a lovely meal there one night and that was very inexpensive. It is a short walk to the public transport and has some great places to eat close by. They do have a web page and you could search google to go to that page. Hotel Lancelot e-mail info@lancelothotel.com. I think the web page is lancelothotel.com. I would say that if you can get the large rooms with the balcony you would really enjoy your stay, they do however get booked out early and the other rooms are very small with a typical European bathroom (small). So if you can get three rooms with the large balcony you would enjoy yourself there.

denyse,

have you checked out the hotel de russie? it's pricey too but really wonderful with a great location at the piazza del popolo and a short walk to the spanish steps and the via condotti. It also has the most beautiful outdoor courtyard in rome and the rooms are spectacular.

henry

We stayed at the Hilton Cavalieri that is perched right above the Vatican with breathtaking views of Rome. Beautiful property, absolutely delicious food ( breakfast is included - and will knock you over ) and a great place to get away a little from the crowds of Rome.

Hello Denyse, based on Wripro's recommendation, we stayed at Hotel De Russie in Rome last September. it was Wonderful. it was a seamless experience; we were upgraded, service was exceptional and friendly, the room and amenities were gorgoeus, the grounds were tranquil and beautiful, the food was really great. the hotel location was also excellent. btw - I also arranged my car transfers to/from Rome to/from the Legend through Seabourn - and it worked out great.

• 2 weeks later...
We're looking for a recommendation for a nice hotel in Rome (we need 3 rooms), post-cruise for 2 nights. We are looking for an alternative to the Hassler, or a Hassler-type experience. We would prefer something different than the typical Seabourn-style hotel.

Thanks!

Denyse

Hi Denyse,

I have stayed at the Hassler many times, but have recently stayed at the Hotel del Senato, whose location cannot be beat; it is right next to the Pantheon, which I believe is the best location in town...easy walking to all the great sites. ( I have spent many years working in Italy and spent quite a bit of time in Rome) Hotel de Russie has gotten wonderful reviews as well, but is slightly further from the Pantheon, Piazza Navonna, the Forum and the beautiful old antiques area. The rooms were very reasonable and meticulously clean, though not as elegant as the Hassler, we will stay there again.

Renee

It is an amazing property. I stayed there 2 years ago before a Rome to Athens cruise on Spirit and my brother stayed there in October before a ROme to Malaga cruise.

It is 5 star all the way. Huge rooms, 15 foot ceilings and great bathrooms. You can sometimes find amazing special on Travelocity or Expedia for this property.

I am a walker and I walked everywhere from the hotel but it is right near a subway stop, too

Bon voyage

Archived