Pride of America - taking own snorkeling equipment

papa B me

Has anyone ever taken their own snorkel equipment when sailing on the Pride of America.  We have cars rented for Honolulu precruise, Maui, and Kauai.  Thought it might be nice to have the equipment in the car while exploring but wondered if it would be better to rent equipment as we go.  We are flying first class so can take plenty of luggage and are in a suite so storage on the ship isn't an issue but at the same time don't want to take it if not much a chance to use it.  Any snorkeling thoughts appreciated.

1 hour ago, papa B me said:

Has anyone ever taken their own snorkel equipment when sailing on the Pride of America.  We have cars rented for Honolulu precruise, Maui, and Kauai.  Thought it might be nice to have the equipment in the car while exploring but wondered if it would be better to rent equipment as we go.  We are flying first class so can take plenty of luggage and are in a suite so storage on the ship isn't an issue but at the same time don't want to take it if not much a chance to use it.  Any snorkeling thoughts appreciated.

By all means take it. There is snorkeling off every beach in HI, and many of the best ones don't have any where to rent gear. Your option is to rent gear in Honolulu and carry the rental gear with you.  We would not think of going without our gear. Be warned I find Hawaiian waters cold and bought an inexpensive shortie wetsuit at one of the shops about 10 years ago. Best $35 investment I every made.

55 minutes ago, zqvol said:

By all means take it. There is snorkeling off every beach in HI, and many of the best ones don't have any where to rent gear. Your option is to rent gear in Honolulu and carry the rental gear with you.  We would not think of going without our gear. Be warned I find Hawaiian waters cold and bought an inexpensive shortie wetsuit at one of the shops about 10 years ago. Best $35 investment I every made.

Thanks, this is what I was hoping to find out.  I think we will just take them with us so we have them whenever stopping at a beach.