Questions regarding Canada trip

powersl

Can you tell me if I will need more than a light weight jacket for the Canada New England cruise in September.? If I am reading the calander right there will be 5 ships in New York Port when we return from our cruise. Will there be a problem getting a cab or other problems due to having other ships in New York ? Thanks.

Just be certain it is roomy enough for a sweatshirt or polar fleece pull-over under it for the coolest times. If you forget the sweatshirt, don't worry the Maritime ports are notarious for their great selection of sweatshirts and sweaters.

I would also suggest a pair of very lightweight gloves for evenings. The "magic" gloves sold two pair for $1.99 in every discount store north of the Mason-Dixon line are great. But better look for them now - Target had theirs on clearance already last week!

We disembarked with 2 ships in NYC this October and I thought the pier was crazy.

I would arrange for a car service. We did the cruise line transfers and it was messy.

I would bring a light jacket. If you are going to Acadia Park (Bar Harbor) - it can be quite chilly at the top.

Thanks, what do you mean car service? Like limo? I have added light jacket, hat, gloves just in case. I get cold easy so I will plan it that way, hat and gloves don't take much space. Did the pools get used much in October? What about Septemer?

Yes - limo/towncar. It is cheaper then paying for transfers for 2 through the cruise line (at least it was last year through Princess).

On our sailing, the pools did not get used much but we also had a very port intensive trip with the only sea day on the last day. That is probably the only day the pools were busy.

Thanks, we will only have one sea day too only its in the first part of the trip. I hope we have warm weather. That would make it perfect. Our first cruise was to Alaska and we loved it but it was so cold or rainy most of the time so this one should be warmer. That cruise was over 10 years ago too so I know things will be different.

We are taking the same cruise (Montreal to Boston). I'm wondering about the weather in late June and need for jackets etc.

In late June it would be rare to need a jacket, you'd only need it for the rain. It is normally pretty hot up here in the summer.

Trust me the New York Pier will be chaos ! WE arrived in New York after a 10 day cruise on Connie. You are given a cab number when exiting the terminal and then you wait until your number is called. In theory this is great but as soon as a cab arrives and pops it's trunk, people rush out and toss their luggage in the trunk and jump in the cab. I heard words I never knew existed ! At first it is frustrating but then the more you watch the funnier it gets. The cab starter does his or her best to keep order but they are soon overwhelmed. Next time (Oct 18) we will pay extra and have a car pick us up.

Archived