First Time Haven - Ship Tours included?

Chuckabobo

Will be first time experiencing the Haven, Thursday 1/17 on the breakaway.

I've read these forums and other sites extensively for tips and reviews and have a fair grasp on all of the obvious inclusions of the haven - the dining, butler, included room service, concierge - to tip the butler/concierge separately etc.

Would appreciate input on any non-obvious benefits - for example - In other forums I've seen people alluding to free behind the scenes ship tours for haven guests, or items on the haven menu such as coffees listing a price, but haven members never being charged when dining in the haven - or free desserts from specialty restaurants?

Can anyone confirm such bonus perks, particularly an included behind the scenes ship tour, or other things you weren't charged for that weren't obvious.

When we did the behind the scenes tour it was certainly not free. Are you mixing that up with the Platinum benefit of getting a free behinds the scenes tour? A few times when we ordered speciality coffee from the Haven restaurant it was free but that might have just been an oversight... I wouldn't count on anything with a charge being free.

Only item I can recall is on the first day on the larger ships Margaritaville is free for Haven guests for Lunch and half price for dinner at Food Republic.

2 hours ago, bww11 said:

When we did the behind the scenes tour it was certainly not free. Are you mixing that up with the Platinum benefit of getting a free behinds the scenes tour? A few times when we ordered speciality coffee from the Haven restaurant it was free but that might have just been an oversight... I wouldn't count on anything with a charge being free.

Only item I can recall is on the first day on the larger ships Margaritaville is free for Haven guests for Lunch and half price for dinner at Food Republic.

Thank you for the tips, indeed the free ship tour seemed unlikely - where i saw it referenced wasn't specific so I thought I'd ask here for more broad input.

I have no experience with  NCL haven but on Royal when we were in a suite last year we are given a free tour of the bridge, there were 4 of us in the cabin and they let us bring my father in law who was in just a balcony room. There was just a card in our room inviting us the next day to the bridge tour and where to meet.  

The behind the scene tours are free to Platinum Members and above. The request for the tour needs to be made by 9pm on the day of embarkation, at the Cruise Next Representative Office. Sometimes, they offer behind the scenes tours to others on board for a fee.