NCL Epic sailing from Rome

LisaSp

We are arriving in Rome at 8am, and we sail the same day at 7pm. The plan is to go straight to port from FCO airport. Does anyone have a clue to what is the earliest that NCL will board Rome passengers? I know most passengers embark/disembark in Barcelona for this cruise, so I am hoping we are not stuck sitting around the port for terribly long. Thanks!

I believe they start boarding at the earliest around 11.00-11.30 (they will probably let you in to the check-in area around 10.00-10.30). 

You probably know this already, but I thought I should just mention it "just in case":

The cruise port is not in Rome but in Civitavecchia - a little less than 1 hour drive from the FCO airport with private transportation (car). 

Edited by TrumpyNor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TrumpyNor said:

You probably know this already, but I thought I should just mention it "just in case":

The cruise port is not in Rome but in Civitavecchia - a little less than 1 hour drive from the FCO airport with private transportation (car). 

Yes, I know...but thank you!! This sailing has passengers who embark and disembark in Rome or Barcelona but I know the port is not Rome itself. Thanks for the timing though-we plan to prearrange a private transport from airport to port. I was hoping that by the time we got there they would let us in at least to check in area!! I know we will be early but I am too neurotic to make any plans to sightsee before boarding-we will have our luggage, etc and we are staying in Italy for a few days post-cruise. Thanks again!

Just now, LisaSp said:

Yes, I know...but thank you!! This sailing has passengers who embark and disembark in Rome or Barcelona but I know the port is not Rome itself. Thanks for the timing though-we plan to prearrange a private transport from airport to port. I was hoping that by the time we got there they would let us in at least to check in area!! I know we will be early but I am too neurotic to make any plans to sightsee before boarding-we will have our luggage, etc and we are staying in Italy for a few days post-cruise. Thanks again!

We did a cruise last September that started (and ended) in Civitavecchia, and to receive our luggage after arriving at the airport took veeeery long, close to an hour. 

• Like 1

If you don't hold EU passports, you'll be at FCO a bit longer! I would think it'll be 9:30 or 10 before you exit.

We had to wait 30 mins for our driver to show up 1) plane was 30 mins early, and 2) we hold EU passports so we exited the airport very fast!

By all means, just head out to Civitavecchia from FCO. They will let you board the ship when it's time.

ENJOY!!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

If you don't hold EU passports, you'll be at FCO a bit longer! I would think it'll be 9:30 or 10 before you exit.

We had to wait 30 mins for our driver to show up 1) plane was 30 mins early, and 2) we hold EU passports so we exited the airport very fast!

By all means, just head out to Civitavecchia from FCO. They will let you board the ship when it's time.

ENJOY!!!

Sounds good and I can't wait!! Thank you!