Nachi Cucom Day of???

oracer

Leaving on Thursday, get into Cozumel this Saturday (19th).  Mr Sanchos is already booked, so trying to find another place.  Here or Playa.  Money Bar doesn't interest us due to no real beach.   We don't mind paying the $55 all inclusive price, just want to understand if you go there without a reservation?  Is there a chance you can get there and it be sold out?   Planning on going earlier at 9:00 am to stay for about 4 hours or so, then take time to go into Cozumel.  

4 minutes ago, oracer said:

Leaving on Thursday, get into Cozumel this Saturday (19th).  Mr Sanchos is already booked, so trying to find another place.  Here or Playa.  Money Bar doesn't interest us due to no real beach.   We don't mind paying the $55 all inclusive price, just want to understand if you go there without a reservation?  Is there a chance you can get there and it be sold out?   Planning on going earlier at 9:00 am to stay for about 4 hours or so, then take time to go into Cozumel.  

Playa??? Which Playa?

used to be that you couldn't get passed the gate guard to Nachi without a reservation but a recent Nachi thread suggests that may not be true anymore - someone on a re-routed cruise did turn up without a reservation and got in.There is always a chance it can be sold out since sometimes people are not even able to make an online booking in advance.

Cozumel is the island - I assume you are referring to San Miguel for shopping after the beach?

1 hour ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

what if I don't want to do AI at Nachi Cocom? Their reservation seems to be for AI option only.

AI is all they offer - and it is worth it! :classic_wink:

If you want a Paygo beach club look at Paradise Beach, Money Bar, etc.

1 hour ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

what if I don't want to do AI at Nachi Cocom? Their reservation seems to be for AI option only.

They used to offer PAYG but it has been AI only for cruisers for many years. 

I think the prices on menus are (or were) for their affiliated hotel guests.

57 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

They used to offer PAYG but it has been AI only for cruisers for many years. 

I think the prices on menus are (or were) for their affiliated hotel guests.

I looked through the Cozumel board and it appears they still do PAYG, but the reservations are only for AI.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

1 hour ago, JohninDC said:

AI is all they offer - and it is worth it! :classic_wink:

If you want a Paygo beach club look at Paradise Beach, Money Bar, etc.

We were at Money bar last month. It's not a BEACH bar. Not much of a beach, not much of any sand for the kid to play in. :)

Nachi Cocom is only AI and limited to about 130 guests per day - as far as I know it has always been strictly AI.

Money Bar does not have a beach, or a pool, but does offer good snorkeling from the shore and a great sunset happy hour.

If I was cruising with kids and did not want AI I would choose Playa Mia (for toddlers - great kiddie water park) or Paradise Beach.

Mr. Sanchos offers both AI and PayGo options - is that what you are thinking about? :classic_unsure:

Not sure what board you are looking at.  Unless something has changed the only way to reserve a spot at Nachi is through their web site.  You can book Sanchos and some of the other beach clubs through some independent travel sites that sell tours, etc.

2 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

We were at Money bar last month. It's not a BEACH bar. Not much of a beach, not much of any sand for the kid to play in. 🙂

I think the term “beach” bar is used loosely. Remember much of Cozumel shoreline is ironshore. Money Bar would not be my first choice place to take kids and we are big fans of the Money Bar.

perhaps this will help with some “beach” choices.

https://www.cruisehive.com/best-cozumel-beaches-you-should-experience/24492

Edited by c-leg5

15 minutes ago, JohninDC said:

Not sure what board you are looking at.  Unless something has changed the only way to reserve a spot at Nachi is through their web site.  You can book Sanchos and some of the other beach clubs through some independent travel sites that sell tours, etc.

I remember the discussions on CC many years ago (maybe 10?) when Nachi first became AI and people still ask why there are prices on the menus.

Nachi can be booked through third party, (Island Marketing is one) - not sure if there are others.

I recall seeing prices on a menu at Nachi many years ago and being somewhat confused, but I agree with C-Let's that it has been strictly AI for at least 7-8+ years.

Used to be limited to 100 guests per day, but some facility upgrades last year bumped that up to 130.  A great, uncrowded, relaxing day - beach, pool, not run and great food, drinks and service.  Wife and I love it there! 😎

Edited by JohninDC
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...