Any recent cruisers on the Seaview?

sailco

The way I look at it is... I've cruised a number of times now and even the 'worst' cruise we went on was a fantastic break away from work etc so I will remain positive! Hooefully between now and May we will get some good feedback from others!

We did an 18 day cruise on the Seaview in November/December of 2018.  The ship is almost identical to the SeaSide in layout and amenities as it is a sister ship to her.  It does exist.  We stayed in a Deluxe Suite in the Yacht Club.

I will say the service was still a bit lacking and they were trying to work on it.  We had some awesome waiters/waitress and bar staff and some that would just turn around when you walked up and/or walked away.  Very hit and miss.

It is very beautiful ship (we used to sail mostly NCL). I did find the  layout a bit confusing with little nooks and crannies everywhere with places hidden amongst them.

We would definitely sail on her again.

If you like specialty restaurants definitely go to Butchers' cut (we ate there like 3 times) and the Pan Asian (ate there 2 times) and I would ignore the seafood (Ocean Cay), it was over priced and the food was not that great (in our opinion). 

I will say that even though it was not a perfect cruise, we were not at work, not having to shovel snow and deal with subfreezing weather (we are from Canada) we had nothing to complain about.   There are those that go on cruises to purposely find things to complain about and then there are those that go to enjoy time together and away from the every day life.  We choose the latter.

If there is anything specific you want to know, just ask and I will do my best.

• Like 2

We went on Seaview in October 18 for a week in a Bella Balcony on deck 10, had a brilliant time. 

All the crew we interacted with great, lovely room attendant, fabulous wait team in the MDR on first sitting.

We enjoyed the entertainment, the bars, the ship is stunning. 

The only disappointment was our free Black card meal in Ocean Cay, it was a absolutely dire, the worst meal ever on a ship . Avoid that restaurant . 

We are going on Meraviglia on 31st Jan, will be visiting Butchers cut on there .

It's hard to get many reviews on the Seaview, I suspect because many here on CC are from North America or perhaps the UK, whereas I think many Seaview cruisers are from other parts of Europe and perhaps less prone to writing reviews.  Coupled with the fact that Seaview just sailed into Brazil and is there for a while means I don't think we'll get many more reviews either.  

Thanks for the replies. It seems she's having some teething problems but that's to be expected on such a huge new ship.

Was there a Cruise Critic Party? I can't find anywhere to sign up but I read they're wonderful on MSC.

Edited by sailco

7 hours ago, sailco said:

Thanks for the replies. It seems she's having some teething problems but that's to be expected on such a huge new ship.

Was there a Cruise Critic Party? I can't find anywhere to sign up but I read they're wonderful on MSC.

Hi there, in Europe MSC do not do CC parties that you register for BUT on one of our other MSC cruises there was a mention in the daily newsletter , name of it escapes me , for a get together for CC members . I missed seeing it, my hubby saw it after the fact, pity because I would have liked to see how it was handled, so make sure you read the daily front to back , side to side to see if there is a mention of one. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I sailed the Seaview for a week in August from Barcelona and I absolutely loved it. I loved that it was so new and modern, so many beautiful fixtures onboard. The lounges were so beautiful and welcoming, and I found the ship to have good entertainment. Lots of good food options, but I was fine with the MDR and Buffet (plus eating a lot in those ports!). Our stateroom was the most spacious interior room I have ever had, and everything was so new and clean. I experienced good service on this ship, but I am also mindful of the fact that the European definition is different than that of the American, but I actually prefer the European style of service (ie more hands off). So, for me, I enjoyed it. Easily my favorite ship to date! WOuld love to sail on her again soon, I guess I'll have to do the Seaside first though since that is likely the easier option (although I am dying to get to Brazil ....)

Do you have any questions in particular? Maybe that way I can help you a little more with what you need/want to know