Twice on Seaside or try Meraviglia for next cruise?

jeepfan2006

I'm booked on the Seaside for an 8-day in April. I'm also in the planning stages for a solo cruise out of Miami for this fall/winter and am considering booking a second sailing on the Seaside or maybe trying the Meraviglia for the first time. I've not been on either ship yet, so I'm basing my decision on internet research. I would value your opinion. Some background: I've been on almost 10 cruises, Carnival, NCL, Royal Caribbean, and Holland America. One of those was a solo. I've never been on the same ship twice (not intentionally, just worked out that way). For me, it's all about the ship. The itinerary doesn't sway me either way; I go where the ship takes me. I'll be sailing in the Yacht Club for both cruises. I'm all about the drinks, food, relaxation, and shows (in that order). Cost for each ship is about the same. What do you think, should I stick with the Seaside for a second time or give the Meraviglia a try?

We've done Splendida, Meraviglia and now on Seaside in YC. Bounisimoaiden voyage next month. 

It's great to try new ships - even the b2b were now on gets boring with exactly the same shows on. 

So, try a new ship BUT accept that there will always be your favourite ship - and that may turn out to be Seaside after trying Mera. 

Sorry not much help really lol

After all that, we prefer YC on Seaside so far. 

One word of warning - the last 2 sailings have been inside YC cabins and on each the noise during the night from galley or crew staircase has been really loud. 

4 hours ago, CoupleUK said:

We've done Splendida, Meraviglia and now on Seaside in YC. Bounisimoaiden voyage next month. 

It's great to try new ships - even the b2b were now on gets boring with exactly the same shows on. 

So, try a new ship BUT accept that there will always be your favourite ship - and that may turn out to be Seaside after trying Mera. 

Sorry not much help really lol

After all that, we prefer YC on Seaside so far. 

One word of warning - the last 2 sailings have been inside YC cabins and on each the noise during the night from galley or crew staircase has been really loud. 

Can you the share the cabin numbers... please?   I will pCk my earbuds. 

16 hours ago, jeepfan2006 said:

I've been on almost 10 cruises, Carnival, NCL, Royal Caribbean, and Holland America. One of those was a solo. I've never been on the same ship twice (not intentionally, just worked out that way). For me, it's all about the ship. 

Hi - my I suggest that you book a cruise onboard Celebrity as well, i e their Solstice- or very new Edge class of ships !? It's a very nice product in every aspect ☝️
(Ourselves, we've so far cruised onboard NCL, MSC, RCI, Celebrity and HAL....next time I would very much like to book Oceania. After trying so many different cruise line companies and vessels, we've came to the conclusion that we prefer smaller cruise ships, i e a max capacity of 2000 passengers) 🛳️

Edited by Frode

7 hours ago, Frode said:

Hi - my I suggest that you book a cruise onboard Celebrity as well, i e their Solstice- or very new Edge class of ships !? It's a very nice product in every aspect ☝️ 🛳️

Thanks, Frode. Friends of ours just went on Celebrity and had a great time. I'll definitely have to take a look at them.

We are trying to do different ships to see how many we can get to.   Since that is not important to you I would look at the ports that suit you best and pick that one.  They are both YC after all.  We actually are booked on Seaside and then Meraviglia ourselves both in YC.  Good Luck either way you will have fun!