Cuba Visa Advice

Ajw123

Hi there. I’m at my wits end with MSC who’s website clearly states that they deliver Cuban visas to your cabin prior to arrival in Havana, however their customer service are adamant that I need to get my own visa. We are travelling on a cruise only basis on MSC Armonia. Has anyone else had the same issue or travelled on this route who can advise me? Thanks. 

3 hours ago, Ajw123 said:

Hi there. I’m at my wits end with MSC who’s website clearly states that they deliver Cuban visas to your cabin prior to arrival in Havana, however their customer service are adamant that I need to get my own visa. We are travelling on a cruise only basis on MSC Armonia. Has anyone else had the same issue or travelled on this route who can advise me? Thanks. 

I cruised on the Armonia over Christmas. I'm a US Citizen - I don't know if you are (and if you aren't whether it matters).

The visas were delivered to our rooms automatically by the room stewards a couple days before we arrived in Cuba. We were automatically charged for them ($75 apiece), and we would have had to have returned them to the main desk to get a refund.

Be careful when filling them out - any mistake (like getting the date format "wrong"), and you'll have to get a new visa at an additional $75.

Thank you for that fast response. I have very little faith in MSC but I liked the itinerary so took the plunge. Their customer service is appalling. Did you also have to participate in their people to people excursions or could you arrange your own? They cannot even tell me what excursions they are offering. Many thanks again. 

48 minutes ago, Ajw123 said:

Thank you for that fast response. I have very little faith in MSC but I liked the itinerary so took the plunge. Their customer service is appalling. Did you also have to participate in their people to people excursions or could you arrange your own? They cannot even tell me what excursions they are offering. Many thanks again. 

You can 100% book your own excursion.....MSC acts like u have to book one of theirs but you don’t 

Check out Blexie Havana Tours....You get a classic car, driver and tour guide on a 6 hour excursion and it’s only $130 CUC Total for up to 4 people 

They will show you All the main sights in and around Havana and you can customize the tour anyway you’d like....We booked them for both days we’ll be there 

Excellent Excellent reviews on here and on TripAdvisor 

5 hours ago, Ajw123 said:

A Cuba sailing review which covers visas

Hope that helps. I think there is a difference of you are flying direct to Cuba or sailing into Cuba. Flying direct i believe requires a separate visa to enter the country initially, you then need another if you've sailed elsewhere and return to Cuba. 

Edited by CruisingFox27