Animal Encounters at Little French Key

Snowprincipessa

Hey Guys- I am scheduled to go on my first cruise at the end of the year and was looking into things to do in Roatan. My boyfriend and I were split in between doing a tour with Victor Bodden’s tours or going to Little French Key. What drew me to the Victor Bowden tours was the animal encounter with the monkeys and sloths. Upon checking out some videos on Little French key on YouTube, I saw they had a similar monkey encounter. Because of this, we both decided LFK was the place to go as it has something we both want to do. I recently read about the fire and read that there is limited things to do there.  

Does anyone know if this monkey encounter still exists? Also, is this still a good shore excursion after the fire?

West Bay is the premiere beach on the island with public bars and restaurants at all the resorts.  West Bay also offers, paddle boards, reef snorkeling, kayaks, floating trampoline and there may be other activities since the last time I was there.  

Being an island off the coast of a third world country business opportunities come and go... that and the reef needs to be protected... so.. I am not sure if this flyboard place is still open. It may be worthwhile to look into flyboarding at your other ports of call. 

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g292019-d7808310-Reviews-Flyboard_Roatan_Honduras-Roatan_Bay_Islands.html

Edited by Guest 2000

Yes they do have monkeys and actually when I was there last month they also had a Sloth which was a first. A guy was walking around with it and a monkey by the bar.

You would never know there was a fire if you haven’t been there before. The only things really affected were the Beach House and some cages that were right next to it. Now there is a new bar and restaurant in it’s place. Go. You’ll have a great time.