Bringing Wine on Board - Question

supercanadian

If you bring wine, do you just ask your cabin steward for wine glasses? We are going back and forth between Cheers and not getting it. We are now thinking it may not be worth it and might just bring a couple of bottles of wine with us. We have a balcony and thought it might be nice...

3 minutes ago, 3smithboys said:

If you bring wine, do you just ask your cabin steward for wine glasses? We are going back and forth between Cheers and not getting it. We are now thinking it may not be worth it and might just bring a couple of bottles of wine with us. We have a balcony and thought it might be nice...

There will be wine glasses in your cabin upon boarding and will be replenished with clean glasses when needed. And yes, sitting on your own balcony with a glass of wine is hard to beat.

Edited by tea4ular

1 minute ago, tea4ular said:

There will be wine glasses in your cabin upon boarding and will be replenished with clean glasses when needed. And yes, sitting on your own balcony with a glass of wine is hard to beat.

Excellent! Thanks so much! It does sound like heaven...

On 1/23/2019 at 12:26 PM, ShakyBeef said:

There are some really good, higher-end screwtop wines out there now.  Screwtop wine does not necessarily mean cheap wine.:classic_wink:

Steve Martin in The Muppet Movie: "Don't you want to sniff the bottle cap?"☺️

I do agree - I buy several types of screw-top wins that are very good, and they're much more convenient for travel.

On 1/23/2019 at 11:40 AM, supercanadian said:

Does Carnival allow you to bring on screw-top wine bottles on board as part of your 1 bottle allowance? We usually just drink cheaper bottles of wine and want to avoid having to pring on a corkscrew and wine stoppers if we can.

You are allowed to bring boxed wine. I found the boxed wine stayed fresh.

You know that it is one bottle PER PERSON! Screw top is great for the ship.  Our room steward always kept us supplied with wine glasses.  Once, we wanted to take our glass of wine to the hot tub on Serenity.  You need to have plastic there, so we trotted down the stairs to the bar in Serenity and the lady helped us out with CHILLED plastic glasses.

ALSO, there is a deal for bottles of wine at dinner.  Three bottles for $69 and something like $150 for five bottles.  For the two of us, we got the three bottle deal.  That was the right amount for us between the two bottles we'd brought on.  It seems like a decent choice for the people who don't think they'll use the Cheers fully.

Just off the Glory!

19 minutes ago, let's go cruising said:

You know that it is one bottle PER PERSON! Screw top is great for the ship.  Our room steward always kept us supplied with wine glasses.  Once, we wanted to take our glass of wine to the hot tub on Serenity.  You need to have plastic there, so we trotted down the stairs to the bar in Serenity and the lady helped us out with CHILLED plastic glasses.

ALSO, there is a deal for bottles of wine at dinner.  Three bottles for $69 and something like $150 for five bottles.  For the two of us, we got the three bottle deal.  That was the right amount for us between the two bottles we'd brought on.  It seems like a decent choice for the people who don't think they'll use the Cheers fully.

Just off the Glory!

Can someone confirm this?  I always thought it was one bottle per cabin?

1 minute ago, bowlinmoe said:

Can someone confirm this?  I always thought it was one bottle per cabin?

One 750 ml bottle of wine or champagne is allowed in your carry-on luggage, per adult over 21 years of age.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, sunonfire said:

You are allowed to bring boxed wine.

Where did you hear this?  I'm pretty sure you are incorrect.  The rules are clear.

From Carnival's Liquor and Beverage Policy:

Bringing Liquor and Beverages Onboard - Embarkation

Guests are prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in glass or plastic bottles.

A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, energy drinks, juice, and milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board with the following exception - At the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring one 750 ml bottle of sealed/unopened wine or champagne per person in their carry-on luggage. All liquor, beer, other forms of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages outside of this exception are strictly prohibited in both carry-on and checked luggage and such items will be confiscated and discarded and no compensation will be provided.

Guests sailing with us on back to back cruises are entitled to bring on board the same quantity as stated in this policy, per cruise. The additional quantities will be stored for safekeeping at the start of the first cruise and will be given to the guest as each following cruise begins.

I took off the Carnival Cruise website.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2634

Go down to question twelve under FAQs

Can I bring on board a box of wine?

Answer. A1.5 liter box of wine is permitted for 2 adult guests.

That is what I took on my November cruise on the Miracle. My bag was searched for a totally different reason and they saw the box of wine. There was no issue with the wine. I did bring my link to the Carnival website just in case I needed to show it.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sunonfire said:

I took off the Carnival Cruise website.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2634

Go down to question twelve under FAQs

Can I bring on board a box of wine?

Answer. A1.5 liter box of wine is permitted for 2 adult guests.

That is what I took on my November cruise on the Miracle. My bag was searched for a totally different reason and they saw the box of wine. There was no issue with the wine. I did bring my link to the Carnival website just in case I needed to show it.

Wow, I stand corrected.  I had no idea.  I apologize.  Thank you for the information.:classic_blush::classic_smile:

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

Where did you hear this?  I'm pretty sure you are incorrect.  The rules are clear.

From Carnival's Liquor and Beverage Policy:

Bringing Liquor and Beverages Onboard - Embarkation

Guests are prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in glass or plastic bottles.

A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, energy drinks, juice, and milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board with the following exception - At the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring one 750 ml bottle of sealed/unopened wine or champagne per person in their carry-on luggage. All liquor, beer, other forms of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages outside of this exception are strictly prohibited in both carry-on and checked luggage and such items will be confiscated and discarded and no compensation will be provided.

Guests sailing with us on back to back cruises are entitled to bring on board the same quantity as stated in this policy, per cruise. The additional quantities will be stored for safekeeping at the start of the first cruise and will be given to the guest as each following cruise begins.

I have taken on the smaller box wine with no issues.  We embarked in Tampa. 

Edited by dmndlil

1 hour ago, let's go cruising said:

Just off the Glory!

Thanks for mentioning the 'Tour' package. I just looked it up online and it appears the basic package is $131 for 5 bottles ($191 for premium). I might consider buying this.

22 hours ago, mdin said:

Thanks for mentioning the 'Tour' package. I just looked it up online and it appears the basic package is $131 for 5 bottles ($191 for premium). I might consider buying this.

They put a notice about this package on our first full day.  It was a sea day for us.  We saw the ad at the table for Brunch.  We talked to the hostess on our way out.  A server was happy to help us.  But, she said, the lower price options were nearly gone, so we would need the higher price option.  Didn't believer it. Then we said that we want the credit for the sale to go our server.  Boy, the server backed right off.  So, I took it to mean that the server who takes the order, gets the tip!

At dinner that night, we asked for the cheaper 3 bottle option.  First, we were told that there was only a 5 bottle option.  We stuck to our guns, and got exactly what we wanted.  

Remember to bring the ticket they give you to get your fresh bottle.

They hold your partial bottle, should you have one, and bring it for you the next night with no problems.

We really enjoy a glass of wine with our dinner, so this is perfect for us.  A year ago, we were on Royal Caribbean and really missed this package.

Yes there is a corkage fee, this is from Carnival's website: "A $15 USD corkage fee (a charge exacted at a restaurant for every bottle of wine served that was not bought on the premises), per 750 ml bottle, will be charged should guests wish to consume their wine or champagne in a main dining room,  steakhouse or bar."

• Thanks 1

On 1/27/2019 at 1:04 PM, tea4ular said:

Those are water glasses, not wine glasses. We were just on the Magic and I have never seen wine glasses in the cabin.

Edited by Enggrl
Spelling

Yes,  those are water goblets provided in each cabin.  Suites will have water goblets,  white wine glasses and red wine glasses already present. 

But,  as others have said,  wine glasses can be requested from Room Service,  any tended bar you happen to be passing,  and sometimes from your Room Steward.