Cruise internet pricing?

Packard

34 minutes ago, POA1 said:

The per day price decreases based on the number of days you buy. If you buy X days in the middle, it costs the same as X days at the beginning. The only thing that decreases in price is the upgrade cost from one plan to another. That's only because it's based on a declining number of days on a plan you've already purchased.

Hi, I'm not trying to be dense, but would appreciate a little clarification, if you don't mind. Thank you so much in advance!

22 day cruise x $10/day surf pkg = $220 (or maybe $199 package deal, as I saw on another thread)

If purchasing halfway through the cruise, $10/day surf pkg x 11 days = $110 … OR do I still pay the start-of-cruise quote of $220 (or maybe $199)?

Oh, I think I see where I got confused. I glossed over your "The per day price" start of your post; you're NOT talking about the package price, right?

Edited by CruiseMGM
ditzy blonde's confusion

On 1/24/2019 at 9:19 PM, CruiserBruce said:

If it is two separate booking numbers, you might have to buy two different plans. If you are on one booking number, you will only buy one plan.

18 hours ago, POA1 said:

A Collector's cruise carries a single booking number, so it should not present a problem. B2B is two separate booking numbers, which might cause the Internet account to end between segments. I was using B2B when I should have typed Collector's. 

Thanks for the responses, guys.  It is two booking numbers so I may have to just bite the bullet.  

2 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Thanks for the responses, guys.  It is two booking numbers so I may have to just bite the bullet.  

You may want to ask once on the ship. It can't hurt. 

This is all wonderful info, I wish every cruise line had a thread like this. We have cruised HAL in the past but years ago and never needed internet. We will be going to AK on a 14 day and I know(as we have been before on other lines) that Shkagway and some others have spotty service no matter what, the mountains get in the way. So we will have cell sevice in port to contact family but only need the internet on the last day to get airline boarding pass. Although at $10/day we may get it for the last few days if we can  get that rate. Thank you all for this info it is wonderful and you can't find that on Hal's web pages