Need clarification on LC V free nights

tango9

I would like to hear the experience from those who have used their free six nights and had a cabin mate who had not yet earned them. 

I thought that others had posted that their cabin mate could sail with the same benefit ,as the free nights are based on the full cost of the cabin.

Yet LCV rep tells me that if the cabin mate has not yet earned the free nights ,then he or she must pay the "standard" price for the entire cruise.

So have others found this to be true? I can't be the only one who sails with various family and friends at different times.

And if this is true ,does the cabin mate pay full fare ( as I must) or are they able to get any promotional rate?

If this is all true then it makes more sense to book separate cabins.

Is there anyone at LC V office who knows the answers? 

I have at times had to push my TA to correct misinformation they get from their Azamara contact but I want to make sure I understand how it worked for others

Any input on your experience would be appreciated! Hope that Phil reads this! I know he has had some experience with this

Thanjs!