Bermuda

STREETKING

On 2/14/2019 at 10:44 PM, luv2ski2 said:

Celebrity sales to Bermuda and we, personally, much prefer Celebrity over Princess - better food, better service, fewer sales pitches and cleaner ships.  And, unlike Carnival Corp that owns Princess, RCL Corp., that owns Azamara, Celebrity and Royal Caribbean, doesn't do remodeling during cruises but puts their ships in dry dock to do this type work.  While we were on a 2-week Holland America cruise sailing around New Zeeland and Australia, HAL had workers replacing all the wall covering in the corridors. For several days we had to climb over workmen, tools etc. to get in/out of our balcony stateroom.  I asked the HAL new booking agent on our sailing who sat with us at dinner one evening about this and she said it was standard for HAL.  The Celebrity Summit is scheduled for dry doc in Feb/March 2019 for a major interior update and she will be sailing to Bermuda this June. 

Agree - we love the Summit and have sailed on her many times over the last few years.  We have sailed on Princess too, and have wonderful memories, but, personally, Celebrity has a slight edge in the food in the MDR (we like having the same wait staff).

We will be sailing back to Bermuda in August.  We look forward to seeing the Summit after the renovation.  Also no air travel/hotel for this trip.  You can't beat sailing from Bayonne! 

We are also booked on an eastern Caribbean cruise on the Summit in November. 

See you at the Martini bar!

• Like 1

On 1/25/2019 at 11:30 AM, STREETKING said:

I'm sure it would be great. The reason I wanted to cruise there was for the value you receive on a cruise. I did a rough estimate for a land package and compared Celebrity's prices for an Oceanview cabin which included a drink package and $150 ea. OBC plus airfare and compared it to a land-based stay at the Pompano which only included your meals and the price difference was over $2000.That's just too much of a cost difference for me to consider.

Same here.  We used to go to the Reefs back in the day.  An absolutely wonderful hotel - but expensive.  I looked into it.  For us, when you add up the numbers I just can't justify it.    I just can't beat a deal on the just renovated Summit. And from Bayonne there is no airfare, on top of the OBC and free drinks. 

The things I loved most about Bermuda were (1) Barrett's Ginger Beer, and (2) Dark and Stormy's.  The thing I hate the most about Bermuda is how hard it is to get Barrett's Ginger Beer and real Dark and Stormy's here at home.  I had to track down the regional distributor and buy it by the case!!

On 1/24/2019 at 2:52 PM, STREETKING said:

Does anyone know why Princess quit sailing to Bermuda, are there any rumors that they may again include sailings there to their itinerary? If not Princess what cruise line would you choose?

Thanks,

Brad

I went to Bermuda on Serenade of the Seas with Royal Caribbean in October 2018 from Boston. It’s a medium-sized ship and I enjoyed the cruise. The Dockyard has shops and restaurants and the ferry was within walking distance from the ship. I would recommend this cruise and ship.

On 1/24/2019 at 12:52 PM, STREETKING said:

Does anyone know why Princess quit sailing to Bermuda, are there any rumors that they may again include sailings there to their itinerary? If not Princess what cruise line would you choose?

Thanks,

Brad

NCL Gem is sailing to Bermuda.  I highly recommend this cruise line and cruise ship.  I spent nearly a month on that ship last September!