Wait List

doc47

I am interested in the Barcelona-Dubai Voyager trip in October, but the entire ship is wait listed except the Grand Suite. Has anyone here dealt with the wait list, and can someone here tell me how Regent’s wait list system works?

Although we have not dealt with wait lists, I have read about them on CC.  It seems that the best way of having a good chance of getting a suite is to pay a deposit (refundable).  It is quite a long time util October so there are bound to be cancellations!

Good luck (note:  We will be taking a similar cruise next year)!

I agree with TC2, we just recently wait listed for the Explorer for the LA to Miami March 9th. We were told that if we made a deposit we go ahead of those who did not  deposit. There were 62 people in line but we were given a cabin after two weeks of waiting. Bear in mind that final payment was coming due at the time for that cruise. Good luck. Oh, the cabin offered was a higher level than we would normally book but what the heck my wife is worth every penny!!!

You can waitlist more than one grade of suite with just one deposit.

Try to ascertain from Regent how many on the waitlist for each grade so that you can estimate the likelihood of the waitlist clearing.

Cancellations often occur just before final payment is due.

If a waitlist clears, and you are offered a suite, you can either accept or decline. You will pay the price prevailing at time of booking not at time of going on the waitlist.

Finally, just be aware that with a relatively late booking on a full cruise you may find that you will have to waitlist for the excursions that you would like, but those waitlists may well clear before sailing if Regent manages to add extra tours/buses etc to satisfy demand.

The cruise has great itinerary, so hope you are successful in securing a booking. If not there are similar itineraries the following year.

Edited by flossie009