Transfer from Miami to Port Evergaldes.

windsurferfirst

10 minutes ago, windsurferfirst said:

We are staying over night in Miami the night before we sail. Does anyone know what time Princess transfers leave Miami to head to the ship?

You should be given instructions to probably meet in the hotel lobby.

They usually collect luggage from your room and put it on the coach.

We had friends that flew in from the UK to Miami that left the hotel by noon.

Its about a 45 minute to 1 hour drive to PE.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, windsurferfirst said:

Thanks Keith. I wondered how much time we had in the morning before we had to leave, I like to get up early have breakfast and go for a walk.

7 minutes ago, windsurferfirst said:

Thanks Keith. I wondered how much time we had in the morning before we had to leave, I like to get up early have breakfast and go for a walk.

Though you did not ask this, it might be useful to you.  Yesterday morning we arrived at Miami International Airport.  We took uber to Port Everglades, and the cost was only $36, much less than princess transfers and much easier, and the time we left was when we chose it to be.

3 minutes ago, San Diego Ellie said:

Though you did not ask this, it might be useful to you.  Yesterday morning we arrived at Miami International Airport.  We took uber to Port Everglades, and the cost was only $36, much less than princess transfers and much easier, and the time we left was when we chose it to be.

I think the OP may be part of a charter package from the UK.  🙂

22 minutes ago, San Diego Ellie said:

That’s really good to know, if I get itchy feet and want to get to the ship earlier $36 is nothing. 

Edited by windsurferfirst

2 minutes ago, windsurferfirst said:

That’s really good to know, if I get itchy feet and want to get to the shop earlier $36 is nothing. 

2 minutes ago, windsurferfirst said:

That’s really good to know, if I get itchy feet and want to get to the shop earlier $36 is nothing. 

I have to correct what I wrote.  We ubered to our hotel (Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Airport/cruiseport, but still the uber to the port would be the same or just a few dollars more.  Sorry for the confusion.

Depends whether you have booked for yourself or have booked a hotel and transfer through Princess.

If you have booked Intercontinental Hotel(at Doral) and transfer with Princess, you will be transferred by coach to the hotel after you arrive and clear immigration at Miami airport. You will be given instructions for the following morning. This will involve putting coloured strings on your suitcases and taking them to the Reception Area by about 10 am. Cases are put in groups depending on which ship you are on. They are lined up outside the hotel. I have read of cases disappearing as there is no one 'watching' them !  The port transfer starts about 11.30 am.We have an early breakfast and sit outside to make sure our cases are safe. You check your case onto the coach and check it  in with baggage handlers 1.5 hours later at port...tipping expected!

There is a garage selling sundries opposite the hotel.( wide road--no jay walking)Within half a mile to the left out of the front door is a Walmart where you can buy just about anything. You can purchase breakfast in the hotel or walk to the left where there are several fast food restaurants including Mac Donald's. There are side roads to cross but crossings available.

We now fly into Fort Lauderdale , stay near the port area and just take taxis from airport to hotel and hotel to port..much simpler (10 mins ride each). The tech savvy seem to use Uber or Lyft but no huge difference on such short journeys, Many hotels have shuttles but if two or more people taxi works out cheaper.

Safe journey and Bon Voyage.

16 minutes ago, Reina del Mar said:

Depends whether you have booked for yourself or have booked a hotel and transfer through Princess.

If you have booked Intercontinental Hotel(at Doral) and transfer with Princess, you will be transferred by coach to the hotel after you arrive and clear immigration at Miami airport. You will be given instructions for the following morning. This will involve putting coloured strings on your suitcases and taking them to the Reception Area by about 10 am. Cases are put in groups depending on which ship you are on. They are lined up outside the hotel. I have read of cases disappearing as there is no one 'watching' them !  The port transfer starts about 11.30 am.We have an early breakfast and sit outside to make sure our cases are safe. You check your case onto the coach and check it  in with baggage handlers 1.5 hours later at port...tipping expected!

There is a garage selling sundries opposite the hotel.( wide road--no jay walking)Within half a mile to the left out of the front door is a Walmart where you can buy just about anything. You can purchase breakfast in the hotel or walk to the left where there are several fast food restaurants including Mac Donald's. There are side roads to cross but crossings available.

We now fly into Fort Lauderdale , stay near the port area and just take taxis from airport to hotel and hotel to port..much simpler (10 mins ride each). The tech savvy seem to use Uber or Lyft but no huge difference on such short journeys, Many hotels have shuttles but if two or more people taxi works out cheaper.

Safe journey and Bon Voyage.

We are staying at Shula golf resort all booked through Princess. I would have preferred Fort Lauderdale but it wasn’t an option for us coming from the UK. First time for us travelling from the UK, we lived in Canada up until last year.

thanks for your reply.

We travel from UK.

Flights are booked with KLM/ Delta via Amsterdam and possibly another US airport..ours is Atlanta this year., as it was last year.

Bags are checked through to final destination although you have to clear immigration at Port of Entry Airport.

Sorry cannot help with information about the Golf resort.