to drink or not to drink...thats the question

I am cruising in June and my GF( in same room) wants the premium drink package, recently diagnosed diabetic and most probably will not drink at all.  Do we both have to get premuim package or can she get premium and I get soda/coffee package.  Also someone told me if I get a Drs note she can have drink package and I don't have to.  Any comments helpful

The official RCCL line is that both passengers in the cabin have to purchase the drink package.  I've seen several people on these boards comment that by calling and asking they have had that requirement waived. 

Can't hurt to ask! 

14 minutes ago, buzzandjulie said:

I am cruising in June and my GF( in same room) wants the premium drink package, recently diagnosed diabetic and most probably will not drink at all.  Do we both have to get premuim package or can she get premium and I get soda/coffee package.  Also someone told me if I get a Drs note she can have drink package and I don't have to.  Any comments helpful

I've not seen any recent reports where a doctor's note will suffice to get no package for the non-alcohol drinking person.  However, by calling, they normally let the non-alcohol drinking person buy the Refreshment package.

For our sailing tomorrow I have the deluxe and my wife has the refreshment.  Since she really doesn’t drink, all I had to do was call and they took care of it quickly and all they asked was why.  I mentioned that and there was no further question.  Took all of five minutes.  You can’t do this in the cruise planner online though.